1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Meeting a long-lost friend : The Fiat Siena. Restoration on the cards.

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Sagz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    All the best for restoration :) !!!
    I think you should restore her back to stock conditions to me nothing looks better than stock. And for something like Siena it will give a awesome feel to see her coming fresh out of oven just like the way she did way back in 2000.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks.
    Great to know about your love for Siena.Always a pleasure to meet like minded people.
    Catalog? Do you mean the brochure? I that case I don't think I have it now.
    Unfortunately we don't own any new generation Fiats now.We had considered Fiats many times in the past,but every time the problem of spares and service would pop up.Now that things have changed quite a lot,my brother is really interested in Punto Evo and Avvy.
    And I don't have a personal car.I still haven't finished my studies:DThis Siena is going to be MY first car.

Thank you.
    Actually my home is at Cherthala,Alappuzha.I study at Ernakulam, hence I have given my location as Kochi.But right now I'm on the semester break.So I'm afraid we won't be able to meet soon:(
    The restoration works have already begun at Niva auto care,Cherthala.They are quite good in work quality.They handle a variety of cars,right from Marutis to Skodas,Fiats and even Benz.In fact I saw a couple of other old generation Fiats there,including another Siena,Uno and a Palio.

I'm not interested in any radical mod jobs.I know the design language doesn't support it either.The changes will be very minimal,like body coloured running boards,door handles and orvms.
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No issues, I am from Kayamkulam now working at Kochi.
    If possible, will visit the garage on coming Saturday on my way back to parents.

Rajeev
    Sagz likes this.
  4. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Need help.I need to know whether Palio's lock set will suit Siena.
    We've found a new issue with the car.The key simply doesn't lock or unlock any of the doors or bootlid.The key just doesn't turn.Initially I thought it was a faulty lock,but the same issue exists with every lock.So I guess the key is damaged,like worn out maybe?And the duplicate key is lost too.(The ignition key was changed a few years back,so no issues with starting the car)
    I have asked the mechanic to check the issue.Most probably the lock set will have to be changed.Sourcing Siena's lock set isn't easy,but Palio lock sets are available.Will it fit?
  5. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Have you tried http://www.99rpm.com/ ?
    Even though it is not listed in the site, they can arrange it.
    Call the customer care number, note down the part number if you can.
    Otherwise call Kava Automobiles, Mumbai +(91)-22-61631156

Rajeev
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Yes I checked 99rpm.They haven't listed Siena's lock set,but they have Palio's.And there is even an abandoned Palio lying in the same garage as the Siena.Also there are a few people who can provide used Palio key and lock sets.All these,only if it will fit.
  7. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Had to take a day off from my internship at HMT,Ernakulam as I wasn't feeling well.But being ill simply wasn't a reason strong enough to hold me from visiting the garage to check out the Siena:D
    The car has been completely dismantled and diagnosed,and the parts list is almost ready.There are leaks in front shocks and will need replacement.Some of the rubber bushes are worn out too.The brake pads may also need replacement. DSC_0476.jpg DSC_0477.jpg DSC_0479.jpg DSC_0478.jpg DSC_0485.jpg DSC_0486.jpg DSC_0488.jpg DSC_0480.jpg

And about the lockset issue,we have decided to get it replaced.The mechanic has assured me that he himself will source the parts which are difficult to find in the market.While dismantling,he expected quite some rust on the car's floor but I'm glad the Siena proved him wrong.
    DSC_0482.jpg DSC_0483.jpg DSC_0487.jpg

Once the shocks and bushings are in place,the car will head for patchwork and then the paint shop.Before that I need to get two new Fiat logos(red ones) for the car.

Of late,nothing refreshes my mind as much as the thought of having this car back on the roads:) Everyone knows I love Fiat but sometimes friends and family (and even I myself!!) really wonder how,after all,a machine can attach itself so deeply with me!!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Post the parts list @Sagz. You are right, it is surprisingly rust free, good thing. Also, check Italia-Linea's post of GTX restoration in case you haven't. Check the Bondo application thing where mentioned.

Best of Luck..!
  9. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I wanted to know if the turn indicators of Palio Stile will suit Siena.I'm not really a fan of these orange indicators lamps on the fender.Anyone has the images of the slots on Palio Stile's fenders? DSC_0460.jpg
    By the way,got these Fiat logos for the Siena:
    9.jpg
    With the logos on,the car will look somewhat like this: DSC_0457.jpg
    1n.jpg The mechanic has sourced the suspension setup and a new lockset from Coimbatore.The suspension setup will be installed within a few days and then the car will be shifted to patchwork area.
  10. lvbaskar76

lvbaskar76 Timido

chennai
    Hi Sagz,

Congrants for restoring siena. Where you have ordered this fiat logo and what is the price?