1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Media Player Recognition Problem

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by puchoo, Aug 8, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Strange problem , hoping someone will be able to help me with this.

Switched on the car this morning , typically within about 15 odd seconds the media player files start playing automatically - but today they did not. I noticed it and started going through the menu etc assuming maybe the automatic play preference might have gone off , but there was no media player option in the menu at all.

Took the USB wire in and out and while the media player gives me options the minute the wire is connected , if i select playback from the player the sound starts coming from its own speakers and not the car speakers.

It was playing till 10 PM last night perfectly fine when i got back home. Its the only player i have used in the car so wondering what might have happened. I did not make any adjustments to any settings in the car.

On the other hand connecting , calling with respect to phone features are working perfectly fine.

This is the player i use - not really sure what the problem could be - cant be a dead battery on the media player can it? I was assuming that everytime its connected its also charging while there is playback taking place.

20130808_102713.jpg

This player is only about 8 GB so cannot be a size issue. The wire itself is also fine as its connecting and being recognized by my laptop.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Try to delete the media files and copy them back on the media player and check.
    Am assuming for some reason the media files might be corrupted and hence media player is not able to play.

It happened with me once, when i stopped for fuel filling i switchoff the car. Till this time the mediaplayer was working but after refilling when i start the car the media player doesnt play it goes to CD. After multiple attempts also this failed. I used another USB and the media player started working.
    When i connected the not working USB to my laptop and saw the files format/file type changed. Am not sure what went wrong though.
    I deleted and copied the files again and it was working perfect.
    This is only one time occurance i noticed and have not seen this issue reappear -- touchwood :)
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks , as we speak i am running a virus scan on the media player and post that will remove and re-copy all the files back to it , maybe merge a few folders as well and go try it out.

Any other theories i can try out?

4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Happened with me with an USB drive. The Blue &me stopped recocnizing the drive altogether. Checked the drive on the laptop and same result. Got a new USB and checked the same in the car, it worked. Dont know the reason for the USB going bad.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I have just reformatted the player , removed all the files and copied them back on , run multiple virus scans and clean up and will go down in a while to try it out. If it still does not work , will try another USB and see what happens.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Still not working , i copied only 15-20 files to see it worked but its not. The port i think is definitely working - because the minute i connect the player starts charging and comes on - nothing beyond that

Maybe something has happened with the media player settings , but the problem is i cant check because i do not see any options for media player at all - be it through the steering menu or the main menu...

thoughts?
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im afraid this might need the Microsoft reboot treatment. Disconnect negative terminal of the battery and reconnect after 5-10 mins.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Thats a Usual Niggle,if restarting the car does not fix it,disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and connect it,and try a different USB drive.
    Blue and Me can be a big pain at times:(
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    One more minor thing you may want to try.
    Sometimes, Blue & Me has problems playing music files stored inside a directory hierarchy. Try storing it outside the directory and play. See if it works.
  10. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    This happens quite often to me, after experimenting a bit I found that it starts working when I do not use the car for about 12 hrs and start it.

Probably this is more or less same as disconnecting the battery terminals, but I am not sure if the power will be delivered to blue & me once you switch off the car in which case disconnecting the battery terminal will not make a difference.