1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

media player problem

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by srikaratluri, Apr 24, 2011.

1. guys i have a punto e+ with me.
    when ever i turn on the car or even put it in acc position the music player starts all by itself and shows "MEDIA PLAYER" on the display..
    I turn off the player every time before i stop the car.

I dont use any pendrive or memory stick in the usb slot..
    Plz tell me how to stop this from starting up
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Srikar- Do the following:

1) Update your Blue&Me to version 5.5.1.3 or later (if a new version is available). Do not upgrade to 5.5.1.1 as it usually leads to a niggle of ODO flashing.

2) Turn "Autoplay" to "off" in the Blue&Me Media Player settings.

3) Switch off the windows media player by voice commands by saying "stop media".

4) Optional, turn off the head unit by long pressing the volume button if you do not want the head unit to turn on by itself next time. Head unit will turn on only when you press the volume button to turn it on.

5) Switch off the car.

Now, your Media Player won't start until you press the voice command button and say "Play Media".
  3. @paddleshifter

thank you sir
    for the prompt reply..
    Will try and see if this solves my problem.

I long press the volume knob to turn off the player before getting down.
    but the moment i turn the key to the ACC position when all the lights on the dash come up the player starts all by itself.
    again I turn it off and crank the engine it again starts.
  4. thanks paddleshifter
    the problem gone completely after the update..
    the autoplay setting was set in off even before
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know that, enjoy the sound of the MJD now!! :)
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Great going PS :),
    By the way the issue could have been even solved if battery was disconnected and reconnected again.
    Anyway an upgrade is generally good :)
  7. now a new problem..
    I tried plugging a pendrive and started using it.. Now again when the key is turned to acc the player screen shows media player and the songs are playing automatically
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Turn of your media player by pressing the volume button for few seconds, before taking out the keys.
    Next time when you would start it would not start the media player by default, unless you scroll the volume knob to play the music.
    By default it will start playing from the last played song position from the last used media.
  9. @viny
    i tried that even..
    I turn off the music plqyer using the knob every time i turn off the vehicle.
    The autoplay setting is also off..
    But still if i turn the key the music player screen shows media player and the songs start...
    Also removed the pendrive to check if it was the cause..
    Even after i removed the pendrive the player turnedbin into media player mode and then nothimg happens..
    I need to change that to cd or fm.
  10. The music player after inserting the pen drive started auto playing all by itself even if I turn the key into acc position.
    I turn off the music player by long pressing the volume button every time I get down from the car.
    But the next time I start the car the music player starts..

The auto play setting is off.
    The time after the music player stops after I stop the car is also set at 0 min.
    Even removing the pen drive does not solve the issue..