1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Media player jumps to CD player when HID is switched ON....

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by macmahon, Jul 17, 2012.

1. macmahon

macmahon

Mumbai
    Hi, I am from Mumbai. I have LINEA 1.3 MJD Dynamic (2012) and got it modified with a pairs of Bi-xenon projectors. Low beam -- Bosch e46 3" and High beam -- regular (stock) Halogen bulbs.

I have experienced a peculiar problem. When I start the low beam "Bosch e46 projector with HID" the media player (pen drive) pauses playing for 10 to 12 seconds and them automatically resumes from where it has paused. During this time the CD player / FM radio plays.

Have anybody experienced this problem? In my cousin's LINEA 1.3 MJD Dynamic which is also from the same lot this problem is not observed.

Can anybody help me in this????:confused:confused:confused:anyone
  2. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Has this started after the MOD, meaning installing Bi-xenon projectors
  3. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Well this was being discussed with me and Romi. Both of us have fitted HIDs and the the same was noticed. When ever you switch on the pass light the media player stops functioning and switches to CD and after a few seconds it gets back to the media player. The same is noticed when u switch on the HID lights. I had a discussion with various HID installers and in vain have not found an answer.
    Maybe we have the expertise here on TFI who could help all the HID installed vehicles. This is a serious issue noticed only in FIATS with aftermarket HIDs whichever brand you use..

Let the experts comment now..
  4. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Well then it might be due to power fluctuations, after all Blue&Me is a microcomputer running on Windows it must be getting restarted everytime you guys throw the HID switch, it's just a thought though not sure.

Experts please comment
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    I think so. Well for the worst scenario i had a blue and me failure after the HIDs were installed and the same was replaced under warranty. Is there something called a load resistor which can regulate the flow of current so that it curtails the power fluctuations.

6. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I too face the similar issue. When HID is turned ON media player switches to tuner in my case. Btw I have a morimoto HID and projector installed. Experts please share in your comments.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Guys, I am from mumbai, I know this is a little off topic but can you tell me if anyone in Mumbai can install Angel eyes in the Beams of Linea, it would look cool