1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me & my MoJo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by joeswatmail, Apr 2, 2015.

1. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy, thanks
    I have got my RC smart card a month back...
  2. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I second @Turbothinghy , the sticker is very good.. Happy miles!!
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ok. I got my RC in plain paper but no smart card. It seems smart cards are no longer given. Now I will have to get it laminated.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  4. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Everyone one,
    After about a year and a half, I would like to revive my ownership thread.
    It has been a wonderful 2 years, owning my MoJo. I have done about 28900 kms. Couple of weeks back I happen to do my 3rd free service at True Sai - Salem. Although I currently reside in Bangalore, I happen to be in Salem when it was due for service.
    I have heard mixed reviews about this service Centre, it has been a good one for me so far. Pondicherry manakular motors are long gone (their After sales service had a terrible rapo).

OK coming to my service experience; As per the service checklist, the all oil ( Transmission, engine, steering, brake oil and so on) need to be changed at 60k or 2 yrs which ever comes early. Now my car was purchased on 19th March 2015. The Service manager asked if I would like to do the all oil change considering it is close to 2 years, or we could wait of the next service. The cost difference was 3k. I wanted to go for the all oil service.
    There was no complaints from my MoJo through out my ownership, except for;

1. Left pulling for the fist couple of months ( rectified at Pondicherry service Centre, and its good ever since)

2. Battery failure, no ignition, That was my fault for installing the dash cam and plugging it to the 12v socket using a 3rd party plug and tried starting the car. All hell broke loose. That was the first time I witnessed every single warning light on my dash board. I panicked and unplugged every thing and even tried calling Road side assist, despite the car being in my garage (as I said panic). But the good lady, calmed me down and transferred the call the fiat service assistant. She asked me to wait for 10 minutes and then turn the ignition on. Now it was better. Just one warning light stating " Passenger Airbag error". She asked me to try starting the car now.... I prayed to all the car gods and turned my ignition key......... My MoJo breathed to life..... I was so overwhelmed with joy....
    I was then asked to take the car to the nearby service station (I was in Pondy when this happened, so I had to go to Chennai) to get the OBD diagnosed and reset. But later that day I fiddled with the settings menu to find out that all the system settings was reset and so I tries to switch on the passenger air bags... It was good now... Everything was back online, I took her for a short ride along the beach to calm myself down. I am currently using the dash cam, but I threw away the 12v charging pin... Now I am currently running the dash cam using a power bank... I will try to put a separate thread with the review of the Rexing V1 dash cam.

3. Left front door lock getting jammed once in a while.
    This was rectified in the last service, They changed the locks out of warranty. And, the sound of the door closing has changed dramatically. It is more soft sound rather than a thud...

4. Steering wheel vibrations at speeds > 100kmph :
    This problem has just started after this last service. Before the service, I requested the service personnel to go easy on the WA&WB, Because I had no problem with it.. A week before the service, I happen to hit 150 kmph for the first time, in the motor way between Pondicherry and Tindivanam. Not a single vibe or pull at the steering wheel... Was very happy at that. But these guys have messed it up. I could see a new wheel weight at the front driverside wheel and am worried.
    Here are few pics from my trip to Point Calimere for new year.
    66a4be9ee64b9429565266a656b09be9.jpg
    25842de7936c98242397722b6e7532f3.jpg
    That small dimple on the number plate was caused by a blind driver reversing his car in front of me on broad day light... I got down in raging anger to shout at him. When i found out that the rear bumper of his Ritz was completely fallen while my mojo had a small dimple to its plates, I calmed down and drove of...
    47ded334a74f1ebde22ccab713a64653.jpg
    7d01ef20fd63d6174206a0c0dcf69e66.jpg

I am on my way to Pondicherry from bangalore tomorrow. Can anyone suggest a good place to get my wheel balanced at Pondicherry?...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @joeswatmail : Nice to hear from you after a long time. The steering vibration/wobbling at higher speeds has to do with WA-WB. I would suggest to get it done in FASS only, as outside places are known to make it even worse for the Evos. This problem gets aggravated with uneven tyre wear.

Right now even my steering also wobbles at speeds around 90-100 but only when I am cruising at those speeds. When I accelerate at those speeds on 4th gear there aint any wobble. It got instigated only after I have my car to FASS to arrest the left-pull issue. The left pull is gone for now but the wobble is present. I have already run 32.5k kms and intend to change the tyres in another 4-5k kms. I feel the steering problem will be gone completely then.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  6. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ok... I will try to get it done at FASS...

7. Sakthi's Punto

Sakthi's Punto Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Semma unique colour and semma pics bro...
    Surenloganathan and joeswatmail like this.
  8. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Guys, I have a weird question lingering in my mind for a long time, that I would like to share with you.
    When am out on the road with my MoJo, and I notice another fiat, I get a feeling that he is a fellow brother from the Fiat family. Also I assume that we are mutually admiring our cars. Sometimes I even flash my lights at them for no reason....
    Does that make me weird? Has anyone here have that same feeling?

9. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat spotting is my favorite hobby, especially the pre facelift lineas :happy:. But usually I avoid any gestures as it may distract the person driving the other fiat. I have noticed sometimes fellow fiat drivers on road looking at my car.
    krishna01, KPR and joeswatmail like this.
  10. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @joeswatmail I do. I flash lights. Mutual admiration? Yes. In a toll when I was exiting I was gazing at an entering Tuscan Wine Punto in opposite lane and the fellow fiatian also did and we both smiled. My daughter who is 3 year old finds Punto out of any traffic. Evo or Punto she can recognize.
    Nowadays I check on lineas rear windshield if he's a doctor! Many doctors own a linea.