1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me & my MoJo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by joeswatmail, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulation on your Mojo and your young one.

Good Speed!!
    joeswatmail likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @joeswatmail: Congrats man on your Mojo and baby :)
    Also, welcome to the 90 hp club:D Have driven mine for 2300+ kms in 1.5 months (46 days) and I am really happy with the purchase.

My FE figures are as below:
    City - 14-16.5 km/ltr with AC. I travel for 40 kms everyday (20 up-down) and I get good patches in between. The worst has been 10.4 km/ltr when there was a lot of traffic. Also, my office timings are a bit off so that helps as well.
    16-18 km/ltr without AC. I normally drive without AC, only at night while returning from office when the weather becomes pleasant.

Highway - 16-18 km/ltr with/without AC.
    Mostly I dont drive with light foot when I am on the highway. After all its a 90 hp and the 4th gear pulling power is enormous :D I have got 20-21 km/ltr as well on the highway but that was just to have a taste of getting 20+ FE so the driving style was sedate.

Enjoy the beast and have a great ownership.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @joeswatmail on this prized possession. You have an ability for flirtatious car photography as well. Absolutely a superb color that flatters a superb car.

If I may offer a suggestion, please wax the car. The gold color's depth will really show. As you are in Pondicherry, the air is very humid. A good paste wax like collinite will last long, keep the paint protected and really make your car shine as you cruise in the evenings. Cheers mate. Congratulations once again.
    joeswatmail and prabhjot like this.
  4. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @Vidhyashankar... I have just put a paint protection coating at True Sai... It was stunning to look at for the next 12 hours. But there is a floor mill near my father in law 's house... I just stationed my car there for 30 mins... And my god.... It was covered with a layer of dust and floor. I gave it a quick dusting and covered it...
    I will take it for a shoot out soon....

I was much more happy to hear from True Sai service person that only one Glitterati gold Punto was sold so far...
    @Vidhyashankar, can u suggest me a good place to polish or wash my car in pondicherry?
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @joeswatmail : No matter where you are in India, the dust will accummulate very quickly on your car. Tropical countries have more dust in the air. And the air pollution in our country is no surprise. So just use the Jopasu duster every morning and you should be fine. Takes around 3 minutes if you work slowly.

Regarding waxing your car, the only place I know that has some word-of-mouth reference is Mr. Clean on the 45 ft Road in New Saram. They advertise themselves as a car wash outlet but they also do detailing work. Their number is 095008 66222. They use 3M products for some of their detailing. You could try them out. If they say that you need polishing done, then please decline. You have a new car that does not need polishing unless there are bad swirl marks and scratches everywhere. Just insist on a wash and wax and see. A good paste or long lasting liquid wax is ideal.

Good to know that you are the exclusive Gold Punto owner in Pondy. Enjoy the drives.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  6. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats.. @joeswatmail .. on Baby boy & of course GG Evo. welcome to the 90HP evo club. It really shines in GG color.. Maintain her glitteringly well. Enjoy your drives. The best hatch available . Some cool pics there. Happy miles.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Absolutely stunning. That 90HP with Gold color and all black interiors is the drool maal. Congratulations for the new car and the name is intersting.
    EvoArun and joeswatmail like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @joeswatmail

Heartiest congratulations (although late but nevertheless). The colour on the car is sureshot head turner. Nice name too.

Congrats on becoming a dad, the safest car now complements your additional responsibility. Enjoy fatherhood and enjoy the car. Happy mile crunching and drive safely (get the baby inside sticker)
    joeswatmail likes this.
  9. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I would like to thank all my TFI friends for their wishes...

First free service...
    My MoJo had its first free service at True Sai, Salem, 5 days back.
    Was satisfied with the job they did. There was a heavy downpour when I went to take delivery of my car, so I literally couldn't comment on the exterior water wash.
    The total bill was 1300... They have charged for some wheel balancing stuff..
    I am right now in Salem with my family so my MoJo has to endure some pretty messed up, unpaved and rugged roads (terrain). Even with 5 adults on board with a full boot, I haven't had any underbody scrapping while encountering the 300 meter of crap roads that lead to the paved main streets from my house. I even very confidently ride over stupendously made and placed, raised manholes right in the middle of the road...
    But my luck ran out.
    2 days ago, While maneuvering the potholes, in a narrow gap between a stationed truck on my right and an open steep ditch ( which drops literally 5 feet deep, God knows why, coz' inspite of such a huge drainage line, the streets get flooded just after 20 minutes of continuous rain.) I failed to notice an iron rod sticking out of the cement ditch wall. It slit my rear left tyre wall right through.
    The reason I didn't notice the iron rod was simple, I trusted a bystander who voluntarily gave me directions to maneuver the tight junction. Being my first tyre change, It took 40 minutes for me and another good Samaritan to change the tyres. I called up a couple of tyre centers in Salem and enquired about possibilities of repairing the tyre, although I knew its a lost cause. Then on shop 'tyre care centre' had the Apollo tyres to my specifications. The cost for tyre replacement was 6k.... I still couldn't get my mind around how much money wasted by a split second mistake and carelessness... I thought of discussing with Tfi members before replacing the tyres, But the next day, my son's naming ceremonial was there so I had a lot of errands to make...
    So please do share your views and opinions on what I should have done at such a situation.
    Hope road conditions improve soon.... uploadfromtaptalk1434354704082.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1434354772571.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1434354797636.jpg
    Didn't find a sticker for 'Baby on Board', that I liked . So I made it out in a sticker shop for a fraction of the cost (60 bucks) .. Goes well with my MoJo's colour.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The 'Baby on board' sticker is looking nice :)

BTW have you got your Mojo's RC? If yes then in what form? Smart card or in normal paper?
    joeswatmail likes this.