1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me & my MoJo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by joeswatmail, Apr 2, 2015.

1. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi everyone,
    After all my ranting in "how long to wait" - thread, I would like to express my feelings and share my experiences with my new pal, 'The MoJo'.
    My MoJo, is a Fiat Punto Evo 90hp, in Glitterati gold.
    I am not going to talk a word about my buying experience, its all elaborated thoroughly in this link,
    So I will start of by saying why I didn't choose a swift, i20, Jazz, brio, polo or figo.
    No to swift and figo, coz I wanted to own something thats unique to look on road.
    No to the brio, coz it's too cute'zie...
    No to the Jazz (upcoming one). Coz, though it looks premium and all... Im my mind, Jazz is not a hatchback, its a sub-4 metre MPV.
    No to the mighty polo, coz its shares it's facial resemblance with every other VW car, hard to tell the difference when seen from the front.
    And No to the i20 elite,..... It looks so premium, stylish, and lots of bells and whistles (more than a church choir)... But in my eyes, it looks like a bloated i20(previous generation). Styling Q's don't match or gel with one another (IMO).
    Punto,..... Yes, now that's how I want a hatchback to look like,.
    And being a hatchback, it should be fun, and cool. So why not go for the most flamboyant colour available.
    Never thought of buying it in G-gold, but obe look at it in the Showroom, and I was flattered. I am happy to have seein it before I made my decision to go for Magnesio grey.
    Though my car looks like a flamboyant Italian model, I didn't want to call it or treat it like one. Thats simply coz I already have a Gorgeous and loving girl in my life. So I named my new best pal, 'MoJo'.

It's been 10 days since I took delivery of my MoJo. 1000kms on the odo. Avg. Consumption 17.5km/l.
    Its a Joy to drive and to look at. ...
    Learning new things every day...
    I wouldn't be able to share anymore, I am a little busy with my final exams for the next couple of months.
    I took a few pics in my DSLR.
    Thank you all in TFI, for your suggestions and advice.
    uploadfromtaptalk1427918169949.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427918199973.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427918259943.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427918304520.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427918341387.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427918421981.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427918465289.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427918508315.jpg
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Those are some real classy pics @joeswatmail !!
    Congratulations again!
    joeswatmail likes this.
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations mate. It's really looks smashing. Have fun with your beauty aka mojo
    joeswatmail likes this.
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Congrats.. Bro.. Happy Punting ahead...
    joeswatmail likes this.
  5. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi everyone...
    Its been quite a while (45 days to be more precise) since my last post.
    Ok now...
    To begin with,
    By the grace of the Almighty, my wife delivered our Son on the 15th of April. Was with her only for a couple of days due to my exams. Now (after 30 days) am reunited with them, and it feels awesome to see the smiles , cries, and frowns on my son's face...
    Next, I have finished my PG exams on a high note... Feeling great...

Ok now, coming to the 2 month update on my MoJo,.
    What can I say, the more I look at it, the more am impressed, everytime I look at it, I pat myself, saying, I've chosen well.
    3500kms on the odo now, no hassles.
    I am using 'CarStory' app, to keep track of Mojo's mileage and running costs. IMO Its more simple than the 'my car' app.
    In the first month with MoJo, I washed it twice; and drove 1700km. Then with exams closing, I covered MoJo up for the next 20days.
    My car wasn't protected under a shelter in my apartment, I had to park it in an open space which received 4hrs of direct sun (intense 10am to 2pm). The cover protect MoJo from direct sun, but not rain. The tropical rainfall caused the water to seep in with the dust settled on top of the cover .... Due to on and off rain and sun, I hadn't washed my MoJo for the past 2 weeks,.
    I will be taking out my DSLR soon, to snap some pics of this thing of beauty. But first it needs to be wiped down thoroughly;
    I am planning to take the value Guard paint protection facility available at the Fiat service center. (thinking about Salem True Sai) any word of advice about that?
    The Drive: I am not an expert Driver, but I love to ride. Every single mile I crossed with my MoJo, was so Joyous and intuitive. What a feel and feedback from the Steering wheel... Simply awe inspiring. I never punch it to more than 3k rpm, except in a hand full of occasions (quick overtaking) and once to show my wife what is MoJo capable of; she was not convinced that it is a 90 hp car and that it is more powerful that most cars in its segment (thanks to my sedate driving style). As I was doing 60km/hr in 4th gear on a state Highway when she said that, I just down shifted to third and floored the gas pedal for 5 secs. Well to say the least, she was impressed and a bit trembling.
    Everytime I happen to see a Punto on the road, I feel like I should signal a 'hi' by flashing my lights... (Although I know that not all Fiat owners are TFI'ans.... Or is it?)
    Mileage : I use the tank fil to fill method and 'Car Story' app. So far the Best average Mileage was 17. 5 km/l; for a 580km trip, with full A/C and 70% Highway and 30% city driving (on monsoon destroyed roads) . That's great....
    And my worst mileage figures are 13.2km/l for a 379km trip on mostly State highways with atleast 1 massive pothole every 20mts.
    The Floor mats issued by Fiat isn't easy to maintain (its fibres are a dirt magnet). Now I am in a dilemma to buy rubber floor mats or the 3d mats.. So guys please give me some tips on that too.
    A few (not so well executed) snaps of my MoJo before closing this update....

uploadfromtaptalk1431944688197.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431944744404.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431944793811.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431944866349.jpg
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @joeswatmail ,

Hearty congratulations on becoming a proud owner of the country's most stunning looking hatch and also for becoming a proud father :)

Enjoy your drive, and keep the updates coming.

joeswatmail likes this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats to you @joeswatmail and your family for the kid. Enjoy parenthood!
    Smashing GG color on Evo. Cheers and keep updating your experiences.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

cheers to the new kiddo, and your other beauty: the GG Evo.

'good stuff', as the Americans say! Including these very warm lovely photographs.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  9. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @joeswatmail Evo in this color looks gorgeous! And say hi to the new born cub :) Congratulations!
    From my experience, the 'tank fill' method isn't reliable since it all depends on how much exactly they fill... mostly they try to round up the figures so that its easy to pay and end up filling either till it just trips or till the tank can't hold anymore. I used this method initially and got some weird number from 25km/l down to 12km/l(and my math sucks). Surprisingly the average consumption shown on the TRIP method is so freaking accurate! And you can fill or half fill your tank even while the trip is running and it will not affect the FE shown on the ODO. I have tested it in different situations on my evo 90hp and trust me it does not fail.
    My evo is 49days old and I have crossed 5000 already :)... will be going for my first service this Saturday. I am getting FE between 19.5km/l and 21.5km/l on the highways(even got 23km/l once on an early morning, smooth road drive of 124kms) and 16-18km/l in the traffic(but Goa's traffic is not as bad).
    I bought the 3D Mats recently. their fit is not so great because they were designed for older punto, but they are strong, sturdy and waterproof. Best for monsoons since their raised walls don't allow water to flow outside the mats and onto the carpeting.
  10. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks bud,
    I will check it out..
    I have given my MoJo for a exterior bodywash and paint protection service at True Sai, Salem.
    Hoping for best results...
    Will update tonight with pics...