1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me & my Italian Emotion pack MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vinay rathore, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Hi !To every one. I am proud owner of Fiat Linea Emotion pc MJD, Flamenco red. So I am telling you something about my car in brief , I bought this car in April 2009, my family already have Innova V, Sonnta gold, ScorpioSlx, Centro, Indigo, Esteem. The joy and excitement I got from this car is not comparable to any other car.
    When I drove this car for first few kilometer I thought that pick up is not so great, but soon I realized the problem lies in my driving habits ( years of years driving without pressing hard the accelerator )Oh boy when I rev the engine, its mind blowing boom sound like a racing car, did the trick. Soon a ‘sensible driver’ became the ‘Fast and furious’ :redcar . I was Tempting to touch the top speed but had to resist due to new engine. Any way first day was not so great as I scratched my underneath on a pothole :A .So as soon as I knew its speed I also got limitations . From that day it hardly touches any speed breaker .Now it has done 23800 km, got 2 free services and one breakdown (not complete) of starter motor.
    It has made many trips from Faridabad to Nainital, Jim Corbett National park, Ranikhet, Manali, Rishikesh,Deradoon, Mussoorie, Chandigarh . It touches the top speed of 175 -180 kmph many times. As u know handling is firm and stable at any speed. I was not a aggressive driver but I don’t know why, my driving habits have changed now. Many big cars don’t dare to overtake my car or you can say I am driving much faster then before. Let me tell you that I am not a careless driver. I can drive fast but not unsafe. Considering the fact of my driving habits, it still gives me 12.9 City/17 highway mileage. which is amazing because it is 1290 kg sedan.
    My love to this Beauty goes deep when at 140 km speed an old man suddenly appeared, just 15 feet away in front my car, my heart beats were stopped at that time but I braked hard and able to steer it .Thanks to ABS which helped me to avoid the collision and saved many lives.
    Now lets talk about problems .It has crossed 23800 km but Goodyear tyers almost has given up, only 35 % rubber left. I will change tyers in next service. Though brand is not sure to me but definitely not Goodyear.
    I was going to Manali, VGT engine felt breathless with full load(5 people) on steep curves. I have to rev hard to go ahead ?. So VGT did not work at that time or the power was inadequate , I guess :wink: .
    The Paintwork is not up to the mark. It is easily scratch able. I think It happens because the Flamenco Red is a non metallic colour. Within a year many scratches are visible :thumbs down . Though I polish the surface every week.
    As service is not the best part but not bad at all. When my car started with several attempt I got it checked. The culprit was the starter motor and they changed it under warranty and returned my car with in two hours. I was pleased by their express service :wow . 10 out of 10 .I will give them.
    Overall I am very much amazed and satisfied with the performance. It is a sheer driving pleasure :clapping :clapping :clapping .
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Welcome on board Vinay

Am sure you would enjoy interacting with Fiat'ers here...

3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

vinay rathore,

Heartiest welcome to you and your Fiat Linea to Team Fiat. :)

During my trip to Bangalore to Goa to Mahabaleshwar to Mumbai on NH 206/17 and SH 72, my Fiat Linea, with 4 occupants, climbed many ghat sections without any difficulty.
  4. :shocked[/quote]

I had a similar expression on my face reading this.. ! :shocked :shocked
  5. VahanPujari

I think its metallic color. What say?
  6. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

I guess only the Black and white are non metallic colors in Linea. Well this is news to me now.
  7. Thanks to every one..
    oops sorry my mistake.. but this colour easily scratch able.. now i am not comfortable with this colour.It needs more care then any other colour.
    @Ravi even mine can do great job with 4 person but with 5 people and full luggage, power is not up to the mark.
    It happend only once on a steep curve, so I am not sure what was the reason, may some problem occured in VGT. guys have you faced this in MJD engine?
  8. VahanPujari

If anyone has experienced Kasara Ghats (Mumbai to Nasik) & the steepest parts over there, I took my Linea on the 1st long drive thro' it :) . We were 3 adults & 3 children with entire boot filled to the brim. On steepest of the steep ghats, haven't found it losing breath. The only problem I experienced then that on the steep prtions, AC shuts itself OFF automatically & there was massive smell of tyre burn.

Detailed experience is in my ownership report- pg 2 - diarised as 2nd Jun, 2009 :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=28&start=10
  9. It might be the way diesel is driven. On a steep climb do we need to drive MJD in some other way (not like the Petrol cars)
  10. My Linea MJD has crossed 28K mark .Nowadays its going great :cool: .But I got a some stupid problem, fuel gauge seems to be faulty. Though it shows right reading but some times needle drops to zero fuel and light starts blinking.
    I noticed that It always happen when 4-5 people are inside the car and steep climbing comes. Then Fuel gauge yellow light starts blinking, the quantity of fuel doesn’t matter here, because it can happen any time either tank is full or in reserve. One thing also I want to tell you that dashboard display do not show ‘Low fuel warning.
    I took it service station, they checked it and after one an half hour they return my car with words that “It was loose wiring, now its ok.”

After two days, in same situation the problem reappeared. Don’t know what to do now, :confused