1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me and my beauty!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Praveenuva, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, Big Hi to all Fiatians!!!! Happy to be a part of TFI!!!

Review will be bit long, sorry for that...

What made me to buy Punto:

At first I am thinking of buying a pre-owned car and tried many Figo, Fiata, Swift at Chennai and came across a Linia EM – Black (47K KM done, 2010 model) for 4.8L, Interior and Exterior are well maintained with complete service record. I did test drive, found a bit wobbling at low speed :uh and finally gave up the decision. My friends and family advised me not to go for pre-owned car and to get a brand new one since this my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] car.

The idea behind pre-owned car is that I work abroad, I will be overseas on job 28 days and 28 days at Chennai (Vacation), so I don’t want a brand new diesel variant to stand ideal for 1 month (Not interested on spending much on Petrol).

Secondly I don’t own any car before cause I am not a good driver (right hand side driving on Indian traffic). I drive Nissan- Navara pickup model(Left Hand side driving) at overseas on job so planned to buy a pre-used and become comfortable driving at Indian traffic and to go for a brand new one.

Finally decided to buy a brand new midrange hatch back diesel variant (Budget 6L). Initially TD Ford Figo at Chennai Ford, they quoted around 5.30L (thts wat I remember) on road. I love Punto for its Italian design to my luck came to know that Fiat offering 1L discount on both Lina and Punt (August month at the time of my purchase) contacted Ramkay Fiat they quoted around 5.10L Punto Active on-road price and gone tru TD and finally decided to buy Tuscan wine. Then my sister advises me get quoted from other showroom as well. Luckily RDC quoted 5.90L on-road after barging finally they priced 5.85L:wow, Finally I am very happy:clap and all my friends wondering how I got quote at this cheaper price:dance.

Experience with Showroom/SA/PID/DDay/Car:

SA Rahul impressive perhaps he joined new a month before and I was very happy with RDC Chennai. They made all formalities very easy every time.
    For accessories and speaker upgrade find the below link in Introduction thread .
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/10508-punto-mjd-active-tuscan-wine.html

Did PID check (Thanks TFI for many threads on PDI, gained many info) everything was fine finally DDay it was a sleepless night before DDay, took my Italian beauty, had a quick check, got all the documents, did 100Km 1[SUP]st[/SUP] day, pretty impressed with the vehicle specially shock absorber and AC cooling, found bit rattling noise on right front door JBL speakers fine-tuned 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] day at showroom drove just 1 week (550KM), parked covered it well now came to work back overseas. Miss ma car a lot :sad:.

Customization/Accessories done,

1. Front Door Speakers: JBL GTO609C Component speaker.
    2. Back Door Speakers: JBL GT6-366 Co-axial.
    3. HRS Hyper silver Alloys and MRF zlo 185/70r14
    4. Spoiler.
    5. Fog Lamp.
    6. Door Handle and mirror body Painting

Future Plans,

1. Door damping for 4 doors.
    2. Chrome. Finish grill.
    3. Interior blue mood lights.
    4. Amp & Subwoofer.
    5. TFI Stickers.
    6. Projector Head lights (Just thinking not to void warranty).

Do any body want brand new OEM 14" wheel covers, its for sale PM for price. (Preferable Chennai guys for easy access).
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @praveenuva,

Congratulations on the Punto in Tuscan wine. The colour I must say looks gorgeous on the car.

It must be a pain to see off the car when back to work isnt it. I even wondered why would one spend modding the car when not using for a complete month, but then thats what Punto effect is all about. You would want to pamper.

Enjoy the car when at home and happy mile crunching, drive safely.
  3. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur Thank you so much....Its ma dream from childhood to own a car, finally taught this is the time and dreams came true.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy welcome praveen.
    Pics please.

its very hard to find this item,i done this activity.Rather you should buy some other kind of mesh grill design,it is available in the market.

i have seen lot of Nissan Navara in saudi arabia.
  5. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you Ganges, I am planning to paint it, if its not satisfied then planning to fit OEM Punto Emotion grill(around Rs.2000 believe) during 1st service.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Ganges pics coming soon...
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Emotion Grill is boring, recently i have changed it to Red color.

here is chrome paint
  7. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganesh, Thanks. will try that once back to India.
  8. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Praveen on buying Punto MJD TW.She looks Gorgeous in this colour.Alloys are very sporty too.
  10. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3