1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me and my Abarth - Ownership Report

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by theblack, Jul 6, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My portable compressor came with the warning to the effect that the engine must be running when using this compressor. I have never faced any problem so far while using this compressor. Of course, my Linea does not have any additional ICE/mods drawing power from the same source.

DSC04104.JPG
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Switch off would technically mean that I remove the front panel from the unit right because turning off the system in my case means that there will be no audio but the face panel is still drawing power to light up the buttons and it displays a clock .
    Should i remove the face panel ?
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Finally after juggling with the fuse i managed to pull it out and that's when i realized why the damn thing was so freaking tough.
    I found that there was a bunch of copper wiring wound to the leads and that had jammed .
    I remember i had been to reliance autozone regarding a blown fuse about a year ago and that guy actually fixed this for me. I was on a call at that time and i thought he would have replaced the blown fuse with a new one when he said that the job was done and today i know what a horrible juggad he had done.

Anyway lesson learnt will be more cautious henceforth.
    Finally though i verified by connecting my MMI to the socket and it worked .
    Verified that the stereo works
    "Started the engine removed the HU" and then checked if the air pump works and it checked out fine as well :)
    A happy puntoer again!!

Thanks to all for helping me stay calm.

Time to get more fuses . Btw is it ok if i pick up fuses from JC road?
    I know a guy who has asked me to provide a sample and that he can get it for me (in any rating).
    7.5/15Amps take up max of the fuses so having just 2 spares wont help
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Good that the issue is resolved. However, for a longer term solution, you might want to run a pair of wires straight from the battery into the boot and add another cigarette lighter socket there - with an inline fuse, of course. Would make logical sense to have a dedicated power source right where you store the pump - in the boot :D

Rajan
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the idea i will get that done after i return from my trip . The car is anyway due 45K service .
    Secondly, like you said the HU is taking power from the cigg socket now is that good or bad? and can i change the wiring in anyway so that it does not take it from the cigg socket.
    I dont want the HU going bust for any reason.
    I'm sorry if i come across as a dud . I dont have any idea about electricals.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Just reached bangalore after a weird and totally different sort of a trip that landed us up in Pondicherry.
    Completed 42K on this trip and according to our drive Blr -> pondy is about 630kms

"This should give you a hint of what to expect soon" ;-)
    A new thread is in the making.

We went through this
    _MG_6828.JPG

To see this
    _MG_7222.JPG
    3 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Just ordered the following parts in view of my 45k service .

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500"]
    <tbody>
    Wipers

Motul DOT 3&4 brake fluid (.5L)

Motul inugel coolant (1L)

clutch release bearing

clutch kit

air filter

pollen filter

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Total 10385 (including shipping).
    I could have lived without the clutch kit but somehow didn't want to take a chance with my upcoming long drive. so far I'm happy with the choice.
    I think i will be going in for spirax s2 gear oil and something that my mechanic suggests for PS oil.

Apart from this i dont have any complaints . Looking at a bill of 13-14k
    Waiting for the parts to get going
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    42,000kms update

So completed 42K a few days back and i'm slowing preparing for my 45K service by sourcing all the parts from 99rpm.

A few days back i received all fluids from 99rpm and today i opened them to check them out.
    Parts ordered
    clutch kit
    Motul coolant (10lts)
    air/pollen filter
    Motul Brake fluid

Some findings,
    The OEM suppliers for FIAT clutch is VALEO, so that's good news and these parts are so solid (the clutch kit weighed in at a whopping 6Kgs).
    The quality of these parts looked really really good.

2.) Air filter was folded and shipped because of which the filter was broken . I've contacted 99rpm and they obliged to ship a new one shortly.
    Awaiting a nice service and i'm all ready for a long trip!!
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    So, are you going to get your Abarth serviced at the non-FASS garage you told me? Do they have FIAT examiner/scanner? I don't find oil and fuel filters in the list. Hope, you have procured them already. Please post your experience including the cost details after completion of the service.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013