1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me and my Abarth - Ownership Report

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by theblack, Jul 6, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Nope it was not painted. the panel was a perfect fit with the exact colour as well. costed me 1200 i think.

as for MIXTRAX i did figure out how to use it . But i think a set of good trans or pop would do justice to it not the SPB and DR Rajkumar songs that i tend to listen mostly!! ;-)
  2. Panel cost is only 179 rs. Why you paid 1200 ?
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    is it so? I asked around a bunch of shops there and almost all quoted the same price .
    If not then i guess im duped :(
  4. you should have sourced it from FASS. All the shop guys simply charge extra amount for the small panel. When I was changing my HU, I brought it from Concorde motors.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    going so far to get a simple panel was really not on my mind so didn't even think of how much less i could get it.
    Either way i'm not cribbing so its all fine
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Today after having spoken to Rajan i got some valuable inputs on choosing a tyre inflator and went millvisions on lalbagh road and picked up an unit.
    The build quality is top notch (thanks rajan). Its an all metal body with a screw type plug . I havent tested it yet on my tyres to see how fast it inflates but it looks good to believe that it will do the job well.

Once i stepped in I also found that they were using 'HUNTER' alignment unit and my car had done about 4300kms till date without rotations so got that done as well and left that place with a smile.
    Alignment was done very well as earlier i had a slight pull to the left and now it seems to have gone (or may be reduced).
    The steering feels taut as well so i'm happy with the workmanship.
    I somehow liked the courtesy these guys extended and also they looked to be very professional . They never man handled anything like many other dealers do so may be this is going to be my place for alignment henceforth.

Total damage
    1.) Tyre inflator : 2200 (I might have paid about 300-400 more but looking at the quality i dont regret it)
    2.) Rotation/alignment/balancing : 800 (with weights)
    Total : 3000

Some pics.
    IMG_20130708_200657.jpg IMG_20130708_200830.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    it written " For bus truck ..." surely it won't have problem in inflating punto's tyres :p
    did you check if balancing is required before removing the existing weights?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep. it was off

- - - Merged Post - - -

Btw Rajan, if you are around could you please confirm if this is the same unit you have and how much you paid?
    I'd like to know the effects of inflation and USD vs Rs :-D
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad that my inputs were helpful and I am also very happy about the positive feedback about Millivision. Nothing worse than referring a friend to a place and getting negative feedback :D.

Yes, this looks almost the same unit as I have. I paid 1800 five years back, so 2200 now is reasonable I guess.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  10. venka

venka BANNED

I was looking for one. Now got it from where to purchase. Will buy one tomorrow.

Thanks for suggestions Rajan.

Sham. Did u try it ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk