1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me and my Abarth - Ownership Report

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by theblack, Jul 6, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

40,000 kms completed

I'm extremely pleased to let you all know that my beauty has completed 40,000kms as of yesterday.
    As expected she is running beautifully.

List of changes my beauty went through in the past year.

1.) struts changed (Under the advice of concorde SA to eliminate suspension spring noise.)
    Verdict = It was useless and i lost 3000rs for the change. Later some juggad with the drive shaft solved the problem and i've driven about 5000kms since then and there is no noise.

2.) EGR, intercooler and manifolds were cleaned about 2000kms ago and the car is running smooth now.

FE = I'm constantly getting 15-15.3kmpl in the city and this entire reading from 30k-40k was mostly city driving only . So i'm very happy considering blr traffic

Things that need attention

My clutch is heavy and its become hard although there is no signs of any component failure i'm planning to replace them shortly.
    My upcoming trip to Leh would definitely do well with a new clutch so I'm just waiting for it to run another few 1000kms before i change it.

Cost of ownership

My ownership report is here
    It has hardly changed by much.

I couldn't have been more happy choosing a FIAT than i am now. I'm extremely happy with whatever its given me and even to this day there have been only minor instances where I've hated the TASS but never FIAT as a brand.
    Given a choice i'm ready to pick up another FIAT.(But i wont sell this ABARTH!!)

Upcoming trips
    Shortly i will be moving out to Leh so very soon I would probably be updating the 50,000kms ownership report as well ;-)

PS :: Thanks to TFI for all the help rendered thus far in solving many issues and niggles i've faced in my 3.5 yrs of ownership. Hoping to see many more happy days with TFI and my ABARTH

Mods :: Can you please change the title to "Me and my Abarth - ownership report"
    4 people like this.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Thread title changed.

Mods Note: Kindly use Report post to request changes in the thread/posts.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Sham, congratulation on completing the 40K mark.
    Wishing you all the best for your Leh trip :)
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

So today I finally got rid of the super high wattage (read wastage )bulbs and bought 4 xtreme vision from jk automobiles for 2000.

Did a diy change and almost wished I hadn't but it went sort of well and in the end I have a sidelight warning which I will get resolved soon.

I had previously inquired at reliance autozone and the cost was 700 per bulb so just bought it From JK only

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Its done guys. Finally after 3.5 years got an ICE upgrade.
    HU :: DEH -3590UI
    comps :: infinity PR6500
    Co-ax :: Ground force

How deep? - 15,000k (includes prices of all components, labour, HU casing, 4 wooden holders for speakers)

The HU has mixtrax (dont know how to use it yet.)
    More info towards the evening with pictures!!
    oo la la

So after a boring day at work i decided to do something to bring back a smile on my face and decided to break out of office for 2 hrs.
    I just picked up the key and left towards koramangala to a place called "Sachin's autoshop".
    went there and told him my requirements and boom i had all the things i needed.

Initially i wanted to go with hertz comps but i had earlier checked out infinity and hertz back to back and although hertz won the battle there was very little between them and hence decided to pick up infinity instead.

I wanted to try something new for co-ax and when i found ground force i simply jumped into it (i'm not dissapointed).
    I will upload the pics once i get back home the HU seems to be awesome ,waiting to start playing with it.

I didn't go for dampers because i want to first do a side by side and see how much of a difference it actually makes and unfrotunatley there was no other car there so that's left for a later day.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    How is Philips Xtreme Vision? Is it good in rainy condition too?
  7. Mixtrax is good. I think you went to Sachin Autoshop rt ?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

yes praveen

- - - Merged Post - - -

i've not yet tried it in rainy conditions but dry times its pretty good. Also the focusing done isn't to my satisfaction at all. I'm planning to hit the road this weekend and find a dark place and do the focusing myself
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Some pics..
    I still need to adjust to my liking. Will post a full review on it in a while

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  10. venka

venka BANNED

Black where did u got painted the Player panel ?? how much it costed ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

you have Mixtrax button on the player, in the Settings you need to enable it i guess ( I have forgot this ). If you know a good Music track, then u will analyse the change in Mixtrax music mix n match.