1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Me and my Abarth - Ownership Report

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by theblack, Jul 6, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Bosch Aquatak 33-10

So after a very very long time and pestering Mr. Sat to donate his pressure washer i made up my mind to pick up Bosch, Aquatak 33-10 from Snapdeal a few days back.
    Today spent a good time reading the manual and giving it a practical test and i am happy with it.

Cost : 7200

A small review.
    First things first ,though the name spells BOSCH , the quality of plastic used is not up to german standards at all. Its rugged no doubt but i would have been happy if it was a bit more nicer to touch. All the fittings clamp on with a nice click and one does not need any extra connectors for the pipe. Everything sits quite well and does not come loose under pressure at all.
    I was happy after today's use.

The only real problem is that this has a 15A plug and i didn't have such a high amp socket in the garage so I had to further spend 1400 to get 3 , 15A extension boxes and draw power from a boiler switch in the bathroom ;)

Once connected it was a breeze to use and though its a bit noisy the pressure is pretty good. It just yanked out all the bird droppings i had accumulated over the past 1 month. (Yes it had been 1 month since i had washed my car).

It does have a soap draw pipe but i was not able to get it working at all. I tried everything but i'm not sure if the regular car wash solution will suit this fellow or not. In any case if somemone has got it working please do let me know.
    2 people like this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok another update, rather a question.. I saw that the oil level was low and when I turned around to grab the oil can I realized I had not closed it at all after my refill a month back at least..
    I have nearly 2lts of MD1 and I don't want to waste it.. is it ok to use or not.
    These don't get oxidized right

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If there is no possibility of water falling into the can, it should be fine. If water is found, then you will have to take a call after visual check.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    So finally after 52000kms and nearly 4yrs since i brought my baby home . She has her 2nd part failure.
    I've have internal part failure on the Right tie/tension rod and ball joints due to which i was hearing suspension noise when i go over a hump.
    today i've ordered 4 parts.
    1.) RT/LT ball joints
    2.) RT/LT tension rods
    3.) 3- airfilters.

Totalling 5200rs.
    For all those who speak about reliability, and for all those new comers who might feel FIAT is unreliable.
    Take a look at this!! :)

PS :: 99RPM should deliver the products sometime next week.
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    something weird happened today.
    I was in full swing and took a turn a little too deep while entering the basement parking of my office and all of a sudden the MID started to shout saying "Insufficient brake fluid, stop immediately" .

I didn't see any warning lights on the console and it almost went away immediately.
    I will get it checked today but is it a cause of concern or did the MID just go bonkers because i took a deep turn? :)
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just have a look at brake fluid, if the quantity/level is correct, nothing much to worry. May be because of direction of car, at the time of swing, made it to alarm.
    However, if this happens again, get it checked for sure.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    1 person likes this.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Hey, I saw you yesterday night at marathahalli but the traffic was crazy so I did not stop to say hi. When did you add those aux lights? The car looks stunning, as usual.

--Anoop
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh that's nice..
    I always wondered with so many folks on tfi someone would spot me..
    Thanks for the comments.. where do u work

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

I work at Prestige Santhinikethan.