1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mazda, the Japanese firm most similar to Fiat/Ford

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by prabhjot, Mar 8, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The new compact crossover from mazda, the cx-3.

That's how you do it, Hyundi, Honda and Suzuki!

This similarity in basic engineering-and-design aesthetics/quality to Fiat/Ford/FCA etc is reflected in the fact that Mazda will be building a Fiat retro-version of its famous Miata small, light, nimble, chic roadster, to be badged the Fiat 124 Spider, out later this year in Europe and the US.

Marchionne has hinted at pursuing other joint projects with Mazda, the best East Asian car firm (not counting the colossus, do-it-all Toyota) by a distance, at the current Geneva Motor Show.

Many automotive business analysts, in fact, it seems half-expect FCA to acquire/merge with Mazda, given Marchionne's recent frequent hint-dropping about mergers/consolidation, though one suspects Suzuki might be a preferred, ideal partner for FCA under Marchionne.

Unfortunately Mazda is too financially weak a player, weak yen or not, to enter cut-throat India on its own, so it's probably only via FCA (or say VW?) that Mazda might ever come here in the distant future. The Mazda 2,3, 3 sedan?, and the CX-3 and CX-5 would easily be (near-)best in their respective popular segments in India!
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Mazda makes real beautiful cars. I,too was a bit ignorant about mazda as India we only know one Mazda , the truck - swaraj mazda :)
    I was amazed to see such beautiful cars from Mazda here in Norway .
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    I have driven Mazda 2, 3 and 5 cars and I can vouch that they are real sporty cars to drive. Their new philosophy is that within 200 meters of a drive (or it was 50m), the driver should feel at home in a Mazda.
    FIAT and Mazda have a JV for some part, I would be very happy if they make more joint operations.
    prabhjot likes this.