1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maximum Tyre Life?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jaggu916, Dec 13, 2014.

1. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

driving conditions -
    every day 30 kms to and fro which makes it 60 kms total in a day either in coimbatore - palladam road or coimbatore - pollachi road.
    both smooth roads. coimbatore by and large has even roads with not many pot holes which is an added advantage.
    also the car travels atleast 4 times a year to kodaikanal, where in the ghat section atleast 50% are pathetic roads with potholes and no shoulder at times, so this makes up for all the good roads the car enjoys in coimbatore...
    my driving speed is within 100 kmph on highways and i use brakes to the barest minimum, disclosure - front disc brakes changed for the first time at 71500 kms last weeks service. i reduce cornering speeds and don't do it in full tilt, while approaching signals or sharp corners, i bleed the speed before hand...i get a fuel efficiency of 23-25 kmpl with AC on for 35 percent of the time. a tank full gives me 950 kms+ of driving...
    maintenance -
    periodic air check ups - atleast once in 10 days, optimum tyre pressure 32-33 psi, helps reduce over heating of tyres leading to increased wear.
    rotation -
    did not follow any hard and fast schedule, sometimes edge rotation, sometimes left right rotation, sometimes front and back criss cross rotation.
    tyre -
    above all i feel good year gt3 is a very good tyre - slightly on the harder side, probably tough is the right word, when i spoke to the good year distributor sometime back he said the new ones may not last as much, probably 60,000 max, he suggests going for duraplus...when i change i feel like going in for good year assurance fuel max...
    ghodlur likes this.
  2. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I would think 60k is plenty of life for a tyre o_O

I have the Duraplus currently. They are decent tyres with good grip in all kinds of terrain. Have made them squeal only with extreme cornering in my office multilevel parking :D Duraplus is also tough as nails, but a bit too noisy for my liking. It's probably due to the harder compound that they last longer. I would go for Bridgestone though, when the time comes to change.