1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mats for Punto

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by nitinjd, Mar 19, 2013.

1. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After going through detail threads about mats and finally planned to do something new.

3d costing Rs 5300/- Star mats costing 3200/- and local mats 2200/-.

Went to J.C. Road, bought a sheet mid-size floor mats that are made up of plastic & rubbers. The cost is per sq ft Rs 55/-. The total cost 1890/- including tax for 30 sqft. (3.5 X 7.5) sheet (approx)

I see only problem is that after wash it will take time to dry.

Let see how its goes. Here are pics.
    P3160023.JPG
    P3160024.JPG
    P3160028.JPG
    P3170033.JPG
    P3170036.JPG
    P3170037.JPG
    P3170038.JPG
    P3170039.JPG
    P3170040.JPG
    P3170042.JPG
    P3170044.JPG
    P3170045.JPG
    P3170047.JPG
    P3170048.JPG
    P3170050.JPG
    16 people like this.
  2. Good DIY 3D mats.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Good work.. and a good weekend DIY project..
  4. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Good DIY. The corners where you've cut & folded the sheet - can they be somehow glued together?

What is the material? Is it a styrofoam sheet?
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nitin get those edges stitched.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ nitin, nice work buddy. After seeing mats at 3M, discussed this DIY possibility with my friend & you made it a reality :up
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

A good DIY - looks neat. Thumbs up @Nitin.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I am using this same thing as floor mats in my Punto over a year and a half...
    It liked it when I saw it in 3M store... they had quoted approx INR 4500 at that time....
    I did not do DIY then, I got it done from a known accessory wala... moreover, I dont have it in the boot though. It costed me around Rs.2000.

Its a total Value for money. Its amazingly long lasting. Serves its purpose. Always look clean. Easy to clean and easy to maintain.

I just had to change the Driver side floor mat once, just changed it 2 months back as the wear and tear is highest on driver's side. That i got it done "DIY way" my self as it was just a matter of 1 floor mat.

Many of my friends got it done in their Toyotas and Hyundais as well because foot-well looks so clean and classy with this one and its also available in the beige color which matches those foot-wells of Toyota and Hyundai....

Cheers :up

Neel
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Even i have done this DIY project!! It costed me 1600/- When i checked 3M mats i really liked those but the cost was not justifiable. Hence decided to look for options before going for 3M mats. I got almost the same material (3M IS STILL THE BEST) ranging from 80-100 RS PER SQ FT. Bought some 20 sqft.
    At home made the paper cutting and used it as a stencil. I decided not to cut it in exact shape as the paper stensils. Thought first of all i will use it for few days and check for any minor modifications. Yet to give it a final cut.

Since then I have clocked 3k kms and i am loving it!!! Will post some pics soon!!!

+ves:
    - The feeling of the material is great, feels almost like a grass
    - Whatever you throw at it... it takes it easily (water, dust, small stones)
    - Only 3 pieces of mats, passenger side has one single mat. in all only 3 pieces for the complete car. Previously i had 5
    - Satisfaction of DIY:)

-ves:
    - Difficult to clean
    - Takes time to dry out completely
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is a good DIY and very much worth the trouble. It gives good coverage and better fitment.
    I too have done this after seeing one like this done by TFI member Soccerfan.
    Good Work!