1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti to introduce Automatic Manual Transmission (AMT)

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki will soon introduce a revolutionary technology allowing manual gears to be used like automatic transmission without engaging the clutch.

What's more, the improved technology will not affect fuel efficiency or the price of the car. Maruti will be the first in India to debut this automatic manual transmission (AMT), a technology derived from the famed F1 motorsports arena that is expected to be a turning point in the small-car segment, thereby improving the overall driving experience.

Introduced in its upcoming global hatchback (codename:YL7), which will make its world debut at the New Delhi Auto Expo 2014, it allows the ..

Read more at:
    AMT Technology - Maruti
    2 people like this.
  2. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Great to hear these and with more than 40% market share they can do wonder with such innovaions
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Guess from whom this technology is borrowed from? Its Magneti Marelli. Fiat should have been the one to get these on their cars to get a lead in the respective segments.

Phew! We are still waiting for Euro spec gearboxes :hit
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pure irony; considering the fact that Magnetic Marelli is part of Fiat SpA!

It would be interesting to see whether Maruti extends this technology for existing cars as well. Nevertheless, its a good move by MS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Dont worry guys. Magneti Marelli will get the system debugged with mass usage using maruti. The it will come on to the fiats. Then we can buy such products for our wives. I hate to touch a maruti product even with great technology. The feel is just not there.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Me too, done with the Japanese cars for now, unless I am going for some High end cars. Surely have already taken of Maruti, Toyota, Honda from the entry level hatches atleast.