1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Swift Facelift teased

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by zenwalker, Sep 14, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    From when did Punto was considered to be a competition in the segment. It never was. So if swift comes with a rocket engine it still wont matter or hamper the Evo's sales and if Evo gets a rocket engine it wont hamper the Swift sales. The people who decide to buy Evo would mostly probably have discarded the swift from the initial screening itself.

So Fiat has nothing to worry from what Swift is getting in the facelift. They better concentrate where it matters.
    pdash, MakeTheMove and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Same point I have mentioned in Ciaz thread discussion.

Fiat has different set of problems to address first then they can think of competition in the respective segment. But one thing is sure Fiat is slowly improving. Hope they came back to main stream in couple of years. :)
    mchanna likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Punto may not be an equal head to head competitor, but it was always ahead of its capabilities w.r.t Swift isnt it viz. Handling, safety, build quality, ride quality, etc. We have discussed this alot here and many of us have used the same points to convert few swift thinkers to opt Punto, isnt it folks?

Few of my friends who did complained that swift is underpowered, i was smiling at them as used to tell them punto is far more powerful atleast the 90Hp model which they were agreeing to (they have driven both). But now since 90 hp in both and i am sure MS will tune the 90Hp better than Punto with a good GB, i am sure the ample customer base who might get attracted to Punto will think a minute about Swift.

Cmon FIAT, do something. :(
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh no! We have to put up with more maniacs on highways. With 90hp, they will regard their Swift above the Ferraris and AMGs. With the kind of kerb weight Swift has, its a damn sure contender for elite status - 'Fastest Indian hatch ever'
    kedarbendre, punto11 and zenwalker like this.