1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good. So yours is not 2011 Linea is it?
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did some quick comparo between the new Dezire and some of the hatchbacks. Now, hatches look more attractive to that of so called sedan.

Compare.JPG
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If I want to buy petrol car I will buy Jazz and if I want to buy Diesel then Punto...

I wont buy Dzire.
    2 people like this.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

2012 FIRE 1.4 Linea weighs 1180kgs and 2012 MJD Linea weighs 1210kgs. Yes weight reduction has taken place and im glad i have the heavier one :)
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Let me clarify again please. There was NO weight reduction happened for the 2012 models. Weight reduction was done on Punto and Linea from JULY 2010 onwards. If your car is manufactured before July'2010 then its the heavier one.
  6. What did they remove to reduce the weight?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I concur with Bala, there is noting great in their ASS to brag about. I feel they are just on par or a touch ahead of TATA.
    I feel Honda and Hyundai offer better ASS experience.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ram the ARAI certified mileage has increased in the 2012 model. I thought it was achieved due to weight reduction. Any thought on this ?
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's due to the tuning I believe, the weight reduction as mentioned by Ramesh happened long back.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    As far as I know, Fiat might have used thinner/Lighter metal for the weight reduction.
    This was discussed way back in Nov'2010 in T-BHP. Sharing the link.
    Punto loses some weight, It's now lighter. - Team-BHP

Here's some insight into the weight reduction that happened way back in 2010. Hope this will clear all the doubts.

Brochures of Punto
    Punto loses some weight, It's now lighter. - Page 2 - Team-BHP

Brochures of Linea
    Punto loses some weight, It's now lighter. - Page 2 - Team-BHP

I didn't differ with bala's view :). I haven't yet owned a Maruti but have owned Hyundai. I was not happy with Hyundai service either.

No. ARAI certified mileage might have increased due to some change in the Tuning. Nothing to do with the Kerb Weight.
  10. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I believe the service experiance will be better if parts are available on demand and better approach from SA, and Maruti definetely has an upper hand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.