1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    It looks better than the old Dezire,great quality plastics.
    Am I seeing a TFI Punto owner standing in the que for booking in Chennai??!!
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree. It definitely looks better than the old Dezire. But, still ugly.
    Bala, are you already in queue? :)
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes it is ugly as compared to old dzire. This is not at all Dezirable.
  4. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Dzire cant be compared with punto,Ride quality and handling of punto is miles ahead than dzire.I use to say some excuse whenever my brother calls me for a long drive in his dzire.I was really admired by the comfort levelz that a fiat offer,after a drive on a linea to banglore.Actually its after that trip i use to make silly excuses not to drive a dzire
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    LOL@Ramjin,no am not in the que,Iam seeing a member whose id starts with T and ends with Y in the que!(he is in the que in all these Pongal holidays!)
    For me no more Maruthi cars after my earlier Swift(bad A.S.S and cars made of tin sheets!)
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bad A.S.S. from Maruti? You would have been banned for life if you post this other forums :).

BTW, just going thru the news that Maruti has increased the prices of its cars from Rs. 2400 to Rs. 17,000.
    For SX4, they have increased by Rs. 2,400
    For Swift Diesel, they have now increased by Rs. 17,000.

I think the ZDI OTR will soon be touching 9L in Bangalore.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sorry mate, the 2011 Linea Diesel Emotion Pack weighs in at 1290kg's. Please see the attached pic from the owner manual of our 2011 Linea Diesel E+.
    linea.JPG
    So, the weight difference between the Punto 90hp and Linea Diesel E+ ( same engine) comes out to be 146kg's. Quite a lot.

Yes, the 2012 model seems to have shed 80kg. Would be interesting to see how it did that.

Cheers.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To my best knowledge, both Punto and Linea had undergone weight reduction post July'2010. Before that Punto 1.3 75 Hp was weighing 1190 Kgs and Linea MJD was weighing 1291 Kgs. After July'2010, Punto 75 was reduced to 1130 and Linea MJD to 1210.

That said, any Linea that was manufactured in 2011 will be weighing 1210 Kgs and not 1290 kgs. I think Fiat missed to update the User Manuel when they did this change. If you still have doubts, I will try to find and post the brochure of 2011 Linea :).
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Perfect.

Classic case of no-updation of the manual. I stand corrected. And i was feeling good i have the heavier Linea :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.