1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I foresee a huge rush,stampede at the showrooms,may be 1 yr waiting period.
    To me,it's better proposition than the new Swift,may be it could eat into the swift sales and reduce it's waiting period.
    End of the road for Manza CS??
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To avoid the stampede, they may also introduce token system for the booking. Go to the showroom at midnight itself and wait in the queue to get the tokens in the morning to book the car :). Its no Joke. Our people will be ready for this as well and they will come out proud if they have booked one.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The new Dzire weighs the same as Swift ie about 1000 kgs. A sedan & Hatchback having same weight :eek: :eek: :eek: ?

"The engines feel very similar in the new DZire compared to the new Swift. One of the reasons of course, is the fact that both the cars weigh the same at bout 1,000 kgs. By saving weight after using thinner high-tensile steel for the body of the new DZire, the addition of the boot has effectively been nullified"

Source :- Click Here
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

The news is that, they new Dzire will have a small boot, and will sell at the same price of the old dzire. The old dzire will be retained @ the entry level trim, and any one who want to get top have to go for the small boot Dzire.

But at the end of the day, thsi well sell, just because it is Maruthi. Power to the masses and heard mentality.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't see anything wrong with a sedan weighing 1000 Kg. It is still better when Toyota Etios weighs 900 Kg.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    So Maruti has also done an Indigo CS. :p

@Cinju

LOL. Great observation. I'm sure if Maruti planned to build a Skoda Yeti-type SUV on the Swift platform, it will also weigh the same. :lol:
    1 person likes this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ram there is nothing wrong with the weight. I just wanted to high-lite the point that the sedan & hatchback both are weighing the same. Dzire is swift with an added boot . At least that should add on some weight right ?. They are claiming that they have used thinner high tensile steel for bringing the weight down. But do you think a manufacturer is going to use different types of steel for almost the same model ? Sorry no offenses meant or I didn't mean to bash any manufacturer. But just think for yourself. :).
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    We may laugh at it guys, but they really understand what's required for the market. This car will still command waiting periods, because no one really uses the boot that much.

Did any one see the rear seat picture? They claim to have increased space in the rear, but have sacrificed on the under thigh support. Clever way of making things happen. They are also introducing auto box which probably doesn't exist in the segment.

Regarding the weight it will provide better power to weight ratio and better fuel efficiencies which is again required here. Making the car feel peppier and superior dynamics ;-)

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @teky

Buddy your right.Maruti does understand the need of the market.But do they understand the term "Safety"?? There are no brake boosters in their lower trims.I guess they would follow the same trend for Dzire CS too.Now a notchback with a kerb weight of 1tonne and no brake booster?? And above that their waiting periods for this car would be horrendous for which people would pay an extra premium to get the car as quick as possible.In a short way Maruti is not following proper business ethics in my books atleast.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Which ones?

I don't there are any cars now without power assisted brakes. From the Alto onwards, all have brake boosters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.