1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Source - Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February - The Economic Times

Four years after it launched the entry-level sedan Swift DZire, the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India is bringing a shortened version of the car that will hit the market next month.

Although the model will qualify for the excise duty of 10 per cent enjoyed by small cars, the company said it is unlikely that the new version of DZire will be priced lesser than the existing one, which ranges between Rs 4.94 lakh and Rs 7.29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Interesting.God knows how much the weight of the car would be and the reduction in power to compensate the efficiency of the car :p And what on earth are those 150 new features compared to the existing one??
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Should I book one in advance to avoid the rush. 150 features is not at all required for such a car, it's dynamics and inspired styling alone is enough!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  4. How can a thread which has DZire in it can go without Suresh's comment ? :)

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Due to reduction of boot space I don't think new Dzire will be atrractive.

IMO asthetics may be bad as compared to old one.
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    A born DZIRE killer going for one? Could not believe? Suresh - if you are gone then who will kill DZIRES'

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

As quoted in ET "According to MSI Chief General Manager (Marketing) Shashank Srivastava, the company will discontinue the mid and top variants of the existing DZire and offer the base model in stripped down version to target fleet segment."

Why should a Car have to add 150 new features if they are targetting fleets?

Note : If they are adding 150 new features - what features the car had initially? Wondering :eek:
  7. Swift + boot = dZire
    dZire - boot = new fantastic model.
    What an idea sir-ji...

He will buy it and kill it like Manmadhan STR... :)
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. mayank

mayank Amatore

9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As if the old dzire was so attractive !! :p .. the weirdest boot now becomes even more weird !
    2 people like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @bhai, Its not attractive for you or it won't be attractive generally?

Whether its attractive or not, whether its a car or not. Who cares? as long as something is sold with the MSIL tag, it will be attractive for the common man. I am damn sure that this car will demand 6-7 months of waiting period right from the day of launch. Even now, I am seeing in other forums that people have already booked it even without TD'ing, knowing the specs and price.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.