1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Suzuki obsession over Efficiency or Fooling Public?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Ashpalio, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Piyush the problem is not just boring to drive, and I would say not spirited driving too, we never know how it reaches 100 kmph (min crusing speed for FIAT's) and this speed is achieved if we drive cheerfully and peacefully :), others drive at that speeds with teeth clenched, totally tensed and as if someone is out for their BLOOD ;-).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Very True. When I returend from my hometown to Hyderabad my cousine joined me and we drove together. My Father was happy that my cousine came with me as he is very consistent driver. He never crossed 80KMPH & 2000 RPM. Needle always stick in this point when he drive car. By this route he drove 130-140 and sometime touches 150. I was like:eek:. He told he don't know how it touched this mark, he wasn't able to feel that it touched 150. I told him not to tell my father else in future he will not allow you to send with me ( My Father believes I drive very fast:- 110-120 constantly and occationaly I touch 130).

But I feel 110-120 KMPH are safe & max velocity to follow in Indian Road condition ( except very emergency situation).
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That its true. ..honestly just yday I had gone on a night out in my friend 's punto and he was doing 150 easily ...this is the first time I experienced such speed from the back seat ..and I didn't feel a thing ..
    That's e when my respect for this car grew even more
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Feeling jealous of you. never got a chance to experience the back seat of a Fiat.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is so true with most of us! Even am not comfortable handing over my ride to any one unless I trust their driving skills. Recently got an opportunity to hand over my drive to my trustworthy friend and enjoyed the back seat drive for @ 100+ kms! And trust me, you cannot feel the speed at all! Kudos to this piece of machine. When at back seat, I was feeling my friends is doing @ 80 - 90 kmph but actually he was @ 120 - 130 kmph :cool:

The way Fiat absorbs uneven patches at high speeds is simply brilliant! No match to it!
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My wife also tells he comes to know about speed only when she experience centrifugal force in turns:D
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Why Fiat is not making such statement about their fuel efficiency? I am wondering.
    Because there are no one to sue, what they are claiming about the fuel efficiency, their cars are give much more than that.
  8. I agree with you guys. For those who haven't travelled in Punto's back seat, you are missing something in your car.
  9. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    But the person who have not experienced the driver seat is missing the most dude.. :)
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ dharmesh, instead we can conclude that person who has not experienced a Fiat is missing the MOST :wink: :clap
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.