1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Suzuki obsession over Efficiency or Fooling Public?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Ashpalio, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3

Check this link! This should have been done few years ago. Obsessed to fool people should be the next ad from MS.

Maruti in dock over mileage - Indian Express

[h=1]Maruti in dock over mileage[/h] Express news service : New Delhi, Fri Aug 24 2012, 02:14 hrs

A Delhi consumer forum has directed Maruti Udyog Ltd (MUL) to pay Rs 1 lakh as compensation to one of its customers for “inducing” him to buy a car through misleading advertisements about its mileage. The New Delhi district Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum directed MUL to conduct its own efficiency test and provide buyers with the correct mileage in its advertisements. The complainant, Rajiv Sharma, had alleged that MUL in its advertisement in a leading newspaper had claimed that its Zen car had a fuel efficiency of 16.7 km per litre, but got a mileage of only 10.2 km per litre.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Classic case... fitting reply for maruti.. hope they shut their mouths after this now !!
    I hope somebody sooon files a complaint against ford for advertising the mileage of fiesta classic as around 32kmpl !!!
    3 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I should also sue FIAT.

They're claiming 19.9 kmpl for the '11 Linea Diesel. I got 22.3kmpl combined city+highway. :lol:
    13 people like this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

NO... dont sue FIAT :)
    besides in my defense.... FIAT shared their engines with Maruthi and in turn got ideas from Maruthi about selling cars in india...
    So its still Maruthi's fault ;-)
  5. sungoa2010

In principle you can. In fact most of us. They told 14.6 for 1.4 FIRE I got 17 in my return trip from Mahabaleswar to Goa.:p
    I10 and i20 should kick out maruti to take first position. Maruti only comes second.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rightly said buddy,not only fiesta even figo gets a similar mileage publicity..I wont be surprised if one fine morning I open the newspaper and see "I-m-possible mileage by Ford Fiesta classic of 100 kmpl....":wow:eek::confused(the way it has constantly increased over the last 4-5 years from 18 to 32.xx now)
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

this mileage thing brings me to a discussion i had with TASS a few months back..
    If you guys remember TATA was blowing up big money to give away for their owners who came up with absurd mileage claims .. They even made big commercials to show how TATA cars have great FE.. Well i directly asked a TATA S.A about these claims and he said that most of these guys get onto the highway and push the car to say 60-70kmph and put it in neutral and simply coast along.
    In fact many of the winners even agreed to have done such things... (some even switching off their cars)...
    So ideally i would never believe any mileage claims from any brand . the way they test these mileage figures are just over my head (meaning nonsense) .
    1 person likes this.
  8. redtux

Ford should be next.. 32kmpl for Classic!!
  9. Switching off the car at 60-70 kmph speed??:confused:
    how the hell will that give good mileage??:confusedwithin 15 seconds the car will come to a stop,so need to restart the car atleast 4 times in
    a minute.
    Never knew Tata did all this just to print good mileage:-o

Grande Punto 1.3
    Me too ... i have checked mileage of my Punto yesterday with AC off ... from my office to Home 24Kms ... surprisingly i got mileage of 25.5 Kms ..with 15 kms on highway and 9 Kms of City traffic...
    With AC i could have got atleast 21 ?

Definitely we should sue Fiat :)