1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Suzuki Developing Two New Diesel Engines

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 24, 2013.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    that was because of huge vibes present with such tincan cars and the noise, even people nearby couldnt bear that !!! i know of an esteem which has run 3L + .. also seen somewhere in tbhp also one esteem with tud engine run more than 2L kms !!
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That can be an exception,i have seen MJD in a Fiat getting overhauled at 55K.
  3. This news should wake up FIAT to look at selling more cars to manage the loss of business , until now they were happy to sell engines to TATA and SUZUKI.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets see how much cafffe will open-up :D in future.

FIAT india was driven by FIAT engine.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    There are rumours running around that Maruti is working on a diesel version of their own 1.0 ltr and 1.5ltr for their Wagon R model and mid size suv planned but it says FIAT is doing all the stuff for Suzuki yet again FIAT Suzuki venture for designing engines.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Definitely not the case. FIAT's engine supplies to Suzuki and sharing with Tata etc should in no way be thought of as the only thing which they want to do in India. Better to keep the engine plant busy than idle.

FIAT revival in India is certainly not going to happen in the blink of an eye. So let's wait it out before rushing to conclusions.

Cheers.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The Zen-D, though very good, it was a shoe fit into the engine bay and servicing it was very difficult as it was all cramped up.

Abdul
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    The other day i heard the news about Tata's plan to develop its own range of diesels ( probably along with JLR). I think fiat is gearing up to bring in their famed 1.6 multijet II.
    They might have clearly disagreed with sharing them with MS & Tata and hence the moves. MS & Tata could always have 100 reasons to justify their moves.

I keeping fingers crossed.
  9. Very good, engines developed by MSIL or its parent ... Hmm.. Good let them use their own engines and their market share go down .. Wishful thinking eh
  10. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    Probably by 2016 no company will be using fiats engine and what if fiat pack their bags because of the lowest share
    Sent From My Google Phone