1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Ertiga

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by deepam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ertiga is still more better than Swift Dezzzzzireee!
    it has looks like mini Innova
  2. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    Yes overall if you consider its practicality than it is a good option to go for in that price range as you get more flexibility & versatility.
    We already own a fiat & if we have to opt for a second car than would we consider ertiga keeping the current fiat with us?
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  3. @ramjn the unladen weigth fro diesel ertiga is 1845 kgs as per their specification sheet.
    I doubt how the engine will behave (and sound) with such kind of weights...
    Wont this strain the engine too much??
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think with 7 people MJD can manage somehow but I think the Kseries will have to borrow few more horses and tie them front. Unless one give a turbo or a high capacity engine petrol doesn't make any sense. Overtaking in 5th will be a suicidal attempt when 7 are there. It is ok with 2 or three people. Ideal for quarreling couples when one drives other can sit peacefully on the last row till the anger dissipate. Maruti soon will bring such a theme in their ad.
    3 people like this.
  5. 2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I apologize for bringing an embarrassing situation for you.:p
  7. You made my day mate...:)
    Ertiga petrol has a new 1.4 K series engine... i think both of the cars will be underpowered and it will be a pain driving it and overtaking in highways..
    weight of around 2300 kgs for a 1300 cc MJD is probably too much IMHO

I am surprsied why Maruti didnot reduce the weight .. they could have used plastics everywhere...:D
    The way they have reduced in Swift and people are so happy with the pick up now;)!!!
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hond on Guys. Ertiga is not underpowered. What you see on the website of Ertiga is the gross weight of the vehicle. It is 1845 kgs. Maruti is still shying away from displaying the Unladen or Kerb weight of the vehicle. It is indeed 1235 Kgs which is lighter than the SX4.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    A mini SUV which is lighter than their sedan. Maruti has enough reason to hide the kerb weight. So people will think that it is a rock solid mini SUV.
    7 people will not sit in SX4 but Ertigo is for 7 people officially. But in India god knows how many people will sit. The people who buy this cheap alternative will have something big in their mind.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's true Sun. After getting to know the kerb weight, I understood how light their LUV (??? OMG) would be. No wonder it is priced cheaper.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.