1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti Ertiga

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by deepam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    What about this latest lauch from maruti, as in 5 days of launch only it has gained a huge success.
    Anyone went & had a look at ertiga & what are your views on it.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Maruti what???

What is there to discuss here? What ever they produce regardless of quality, engine, features, TD people buy it. They know it and are capitalizing it. My friend booked an Ertiga even without seeing this invention in person.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    This is going to be a huge success,with lots of people cross shopping between Dezire,Swift,SX4 and Ertiga.
    Not a bad idea for a family of a husband and wife,2 kids and parents.
    But,come year end,there will be more competition in the form of Enjoy and Duster and Mini Xylo.
    Linea and Punto sales will further suffer.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    My brother pushedme hard to wait for Ertiga...its a rollicking proposition...7 seater..big car ..great mileage,service etc...

But " I got heart" ..so bought Punto :)

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

My brother pushedme hard to wait for Ertiga...its a rollicking proposition...7 seater..big car ..great mileage,service etc...

But " I got heart" ..so bought Punto :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Wise decision. Unless, you don't need a people mover Ertiga doesn't make any sense.

Big Car? How big? It is 27.8 Cms more than that of Punto. Or about a feet more than Punto still there is room for 7. How? That's the trick of Maruti.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Strictly for Commuting from A to B. Regarding space it can be a alternate choice for Jazz.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @ramjn

You can squeeze those extra 3 people in a maruti as people used to do in m800 those days!! Maruti means VFM for people.People still think Maruti makes the engines and designs of these cars,while FIAT is still regarded to be a 'dukkar' of indian roads.God how juvenile!
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very much true. It's also worth mentioning that Ertiga is 295 mm less in length and 35 mm less in width than Linea.

Note:- The reason why I wasn't eager to start a thread on Maruti Ertiga is that eventually the thread would turn into a Maruti Bashing thread. I wanted to avoid that but you see I myself a victim now :D.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    7 seater, big car.

Hmmm, that's something of a stretch i'm sure. I'd like to see the performance with 7 onboard.

Kerb weight = 1845kg
    Occupants= 7*70=490 = Let's take 450
    Total = 2295kg.

So, we'll have to see how well the Super Duper Turbo pulls. Maruti might have stretched this engine too much IMO.

But let's see.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    gurjinder, I have to intervene here. The kerb weight of Ertiga is 1235 Kgs. Just 25 more than Linea. And 10 Kgs. less than SX4 Diesel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.