1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti CIAZ vs Linea

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by GP_Freak, Sep 3, 2014.

?

Do you find Ciaz to be similar to the new Linea in the below angle ?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

46.3%
  3. I Don't know

3.7%
  4. I Don't Care :-P

16.7%
  1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Does this mean if the battery is dead, simply depressing the brake pedal will charge the battery. Brakes are applied when the car is in motion, during that time anyways the battery is getting charged.

Maruti is feeding BS to the Indian consumer.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems like Exide,amaron will come into braking technology :D . its a good move from MS using the same engine 1.3.
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Reviving an old thread (not very old though). I helped a colleague in choosing CIAZ over other diesel cars and he is a happy soul. In fact two colleagues bought CIAZ, one a petrol one and the other a diesel one. I read about the SHVS feature and have checked it. The car restarts by itself when you press the clutch after it has stopped on applying brakes.

Another important thing, after not so impressive performance last year, CIAZ has attained 1st position in sales in its class compared to Honda and likes. Way to go I say.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 25, 2016 ---
    Forgot to mention - these colleagues were actually going for Linea, but due to poor dealership and service at Indore, they went CIAZ way.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Ravi_M, not that Fiat needs any special preference at this stage but do tell your friends that CIAZ is excellent provided crashes don't happen and therefore exercise even more caution on higher speeds.

Irrespective of all faults of Fiat they still win on some issues like safety although nothing like 100% safety.
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I can't agree more @asimpleson. In fact both these colleagues are fans of Linea and wanted to buy it and took test drive of my 1.3 mjd too. One wanted Elegante - not available, the other found that dealership has closed its new FIAT showroom and went back to TATA showroom. They found Linea less noisy than Honda and its suspension better than CIAZ and they also highly appreciate the tank-like-build of Linea. It was only for practical reasons that they bought CIAZ.

Any comments about higher sound of Revetron engine?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Could be the faster deployment of engine, wherein overall balances and harmonics associated with a number of cylinders and counter-balances needed to negate the vibrations are not exhaustively worked out. Or could be use of lower quality mounting or material. Really too many factors here to consider. Do the vibrations seep in cabin? That's even more important. If not sounds can also be deliberate by engineers.