1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maruti CIAZ vs Linea

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by GP_Freak, Sep 3, 2014.

Do you find Ciaz to be similar to the new Linea in the below angle ?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I Don't know

4. I Don't Care :-P

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Hello Friends, I found the Maruthi Ciaz concept to be very refreshing and interesting.But today after seeing the pictures in TOI, I no more found the pictures to be refreshing. When spend some time to understand why, then the cords struck.

Compare the two pictures and give your comments.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

I read the initial review on Ciaz on some websites, I am just confused how the same engine which is on Linea gives 26.2 mileage to Ciaz while Linea gets only 20.

It is a big difference considering Swift and Punto have mileages of 22 and 21, which is marginal I believe.

But with Ciaz how Suzuki could achieve it, 26.2 remarkable.

Mod Note: Kindly use proper punctuation and capitalize the sentences appropriately. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
  3. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Linea 1.3
    CIAZ diesel is 163kg lesser than Linea diesel. This could be one of the reasons to achieve the claimed mileage.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

The ciaz alloys just looks copy for linea ;)
    vamshi_g86 likes this.
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Ciaz is rapidly growing into all sedan segments. Seems like City/Verna will have run for their money.
    Overall package is good in Ciaz. And MS knows how to tune these MJD engines by now.
    Wheel base is longest of all in C segments.
    However, we are not sure what is power to weight and torque to weight ratios of Ciaz.
    And Ciaz is not even compared with Linea in most of the Auto forums.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Are you joking? Why SX4 did not sell well? SX4 would have been a huge hit if 10% of Swift/Dezire buyers upgraded to Maruti itself. :)

Honda enjoys the image of premium brand in India. I highly doubt if City will have tough time. Ciaz may attract some buyers but not to the level of City numbers.
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    I agree with ramjn.

Ciaz might be hit during initial days but not for long time like Hyundai Verna or Honda City. Following factors are against Ciaz in this segment:
    1. Maruti Suzuki Image as small car manufacturer.
    2. Small capacity diesel/petrol engine. This segment demands high power engines. This is not typical segment where maruti loves which is strictly driven with tag: "Kitana deti hai"
    3. Competitors have way better packaged products in this segment.
    mchanna likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Not all product of a brand will be hit, we have seen just now how Jazz failed in Indian market.

Honda slowly is dissolving its brand image by launching cars in Maruti's and Hyundai's range, Amaze/Brio are examples.
    And seems Maruti is trying to hit Honda's range :).
    rajks likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Not really, Ravi. Maruti started off with Baleno, it failed. Then SX4 and not impressive. And now Ciaz. Whoever is putting 10L+ money on a car weighs the brand image of a Maruti and Honda where Honda definitely scores better.

Jazz failed because, Indian market was not prepared and shocked with the 8-9 lakh range for a Hatchback.

Yes, Honda definitely is degrading with their products here. But, whether or not Maruti hits Honda's range, we will have to wait. :)
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  10. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Guys Guys, my question was something different. I am finding lot of design cues in the Ciaz to be borrowed from the Linea.

1. The Front Grill.
    2. The Fog Lamp recess and the cladding area below the number plate.
    3.The Crease in the bonnet.
    4.Space between the front Grill and the head light.
    5. The alloy wheels ? Maruthi shifted to 4 Lug pattern from the existing 5 Lug 16 incher in SX4 ?
    6. The Crease line which runs in the body near the doors ?

But the rear is like Kizashi.

To me, it seems the designer has taken the New linea and tried to make it more Masculine by having angular cuts in headlight and more pronounced crease line.

Or Is Fiat helping Maruthi not only with Engine, but y handing over linea design too :p

@ramjn , The Market has also matured a bit. To me the SX4 was never a looker and CIAZ is looking good in my eyes . This will sell more than Linea for sure and now I am so frustrated that Ciaz is resembling Linea is certain angles.