1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MAPMY INDIA NAVIGATOR

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Sep 11, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    MMI MAPS, VERSION 6.0

Yesterday, I bought online MMI 2-year upgrade plan that includes four map upgrades in two calendar years costing Rs 1750. Now, my MMI Lx130 navigator is equipped with the latest maps of version 6.0 for 1027 cities/towns and 3.95 million PoI across India.

* This time, the payment and upgrade process have been completed within a few hours, unlike the last one when MMI took days to send me the licence files. Yesterday, I paid the amount online. Within a couple of hours, I received two emails comprising procedure for upgrading the maps, the licence files and the link for downloading the latest version maps. It took about one hour for downloading the latest version maps. After that I copied the files in my navigator. Last time, I lost my favourites saved in my navigator as I was misguided by MMI when they said that the favourites would be retained even after the upgradation. So, yesterday, I retained two favourites files of the previous version, deleted the other old files and copied the new files along with the licence files. Now, I have my old favourites along with the new maps.

* Now, my Chennai home is displayed with house door number, but my Bangalore home is not displayed with door number!

* The famous Karpaga Vinayakar temple at Pillayarpatti, Tamil Nadu, is now clearly marked in the new version as 'Ganesha Temple, Pillayarpatti'. Earlier, Pillayarpatti was not at all marked in the map. I had located this temple using latitude and longitude that I got from Google maps.

* My favourite eatery Hotel Saravana Bhavan [HSB], Vellore, is now clearly displayed on the new map. Earlier, I had saved that location during one of my visits there. The new version shows better access to HSB different from the old version, when it used to show the route through Vellore city.

So, for the next two years, I will be guided by the latest maps of MMI. :up
  2. :eek:fftopic

Friends, i have a brand new less than a month "unopened" laminated box (company packed) MapMyIndia LX130 for sale.

Current Market price : Rs. 11,990
    Selling price : at a nominal discount

Bill and Warranty card intact.

Selling bacause i have a garmin/satnav device/map with me and the MMI is an additional one with me.

Interested friends may PM me or reply to this thread.

Thanks, Binze
  3. vks

vks

Bangalore
    Friends,

I have an S650 GPS device from MMI, bought recently, its working fine, helped me through the jungle / country drive last month through Maharashtra / karnataka / Kerala, (except for few glitches like asking to jump left from a flyover...!)

I am facing a problem, the windshield suction mount of the device doesn't provide a good position. Due the windshield curve, I have to fix it to the left side of the rear view mirror, almost at the passenger side. At this position, it is not within reach during drive, I can't reach my hands that far / turn my head while driving.
    Also, I can't keep it on the glass when parked even for a short while, due to the high visibility it gives to people outside (fear of theft).

I would like to mount this on the dash, in the center or near the A pillar.. Has anyone tried this? any professional mounts available? Any options as seen in "http://www.proclipusa.com/'?

Please help!
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    vks: My MMI Lx130 sits next to IRVM on the right side. After trying various positions on the windshield, I find this position most convenient to me. It doesn't obstruct the view in any way. Whenever I park my Linea, I take out and carry the navigator with me.
    [attachment=0:fqqurxod]100.JPG[/attachment:fqqurxod]

100.JPG
  5. vks

vks

Bangalore
    Ravi sir, I tried this but one basic issue - the charging cable I got with MMI is not long enough to route it like what you did..
    :-(

I was hoping if I can find some cradle / mount design to make in-dash, I can easily reach it & also leave it for short parking time with my Dash cover!
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Odisha listed under other country in v7.0 maps of MMI!

A few days back, I got my MapMyIndia Lx130 navigator successfully updated to the new v7.0 maps. Now, the new maps show foot-prints of buildings including my home with door number. In the previous version, it didn't show those finer details.

Today, I was testing the navigator by searching some PoI in Assam, West Bengal and Odisha. To my horror, I could not locate Odisha in the list of states. For that, I need to go on this path: Select country>Other>Odisha to search PoI/towns/villages/street address in that state. In the earlier version, it was not so. I don't know, how many countries I have to select to access different states in India in the future upgrades of MMI maps.
    DSC05786.JPG
    DSC05787.JPG
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is funny Ravi sir. You should report this to MMI. I believe they will fix this.
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, Ramesh. Just now, I informed MMI about this goof-up. That customer support lady was arguing that if there is no problem, what do you want us to do? I told her point blank that Odisha is part and parcel of India, and so, it should be listed with the other states in India and not under other country! Then she agreed and noted down my contact number and navigator details.
    2 people like this.
  9. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    Even I have map my india Vx240 but i have not updated the map since long time (almost 2 years)...We used it when it was new while going to Pondi and a short stopover near Auroville...While returning back it showed some direction and after 15 mins drive we reached to a grave yard :evilsmile and there was no road further...We returned and we asked route to local people there...finally hit the statehighway and reached chennai...so its not perfect all the time. Even roads for bangalore it is difficult because it doesnt tell which one is one way.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

To those using Nokia Ovi maps...
    I have a N900..bought 2years back from UK.. the maps in it requires gprs...
    or did u guys download the ovi map..??
    I use google map on my Samsung i5800 and xepria Neo.. I use the data or wifi to load the map and set my destination. after that i turn off the data pack.. and it navigates me to the destination.. only draw back is when i miss a turn.. it doesn't automatically reroute unless the data is still on....
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012