1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MAPMY INDIA NAVIGATOR

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Redbull: Update google maps for mobile from andorid market. Google maps dowloads all the area maps that your surf around. So if you surf around delhi, it will have entire map for delhi available in offline catch, depends upon how much in depth you have scrolled the maps for a given region. For now it doesnt seem to generate route maps based on the available catch (probably just me, yet to test in detail). But yes it can give GPS positioning on the maps based on offline contents.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Hi, I got MMI for my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S official Froyo). Navigation/Routing crashes after sometime. If I do not move it is OK, but as I start moving and the navigation software starts working, Mapmyindia closes and I return to my phone screen.

If I cancel routing, it is working perfectly. But I paid 2000 rs. for navigation/routing. I have opened a ticket at MMI.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Rebull: I have not used it on Froyo as of now, it works for me on 2.1 :) With latest Sygic version.
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    The support staff called. Was not sure what to do. Told me if there was "any google application" running on the phone. I'll have to remove any google application from an android phone? Yeah right I'll have to remove android then. I asked what she meant by "google application"? She put me on hold to ask a guy? She came back and said remove google maps. So I need to remove Google maps. I can't run google application alng with Mapmyindia. I said I was not running any other map software with Mapmyindia. She put me on hold again to consult bac. Came back with answer:
    1. Uninstall mapmyindia
    2. DO factory reset (right - and lose all my settings)
    3. Reinstall

I did all that but the problem is still there. I bet they have not tested it on Galaxy S with Froyo. I see this problem is reported on MampMyIndiaNavigator facebook page.

"Avinash KG Hi I have recently purchased the mobile version of MapMyIndia for my Android phone Samsung Galaxy S. The GPS signal is fine and it tells me where I am, but when I select a POI or an address and click on Route Me the application closes and returns to the phone home screen. The OS on my phone is Android 2.2. I have conta...cted the support and they told me to re install it, I did it but still the same issue. I have dropped several mails to your support but none answers. I want to know whether you can fix this or return what I paid."

When cracked MapmyIndia is available on rapidshare etc., I still thought it was best to get bug/virus free paid software. But looks like MMI itself has not put it's software through quality assurance.

What the heck, I just downloaded one for my old PND, and it is working fine. Time to put more faith on hackers.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Time to put more faith on hackers.
    :lol

Yes similar issue has been reported on HTC Wildfire too
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    The MMI people have gone silent on the issue. I demanded either they make the product work or return my money. I installed NDrive yesterday with 7 day free trial of TeleAtlas India maps.

http://www.ndriveweb.com/

And today it routed me from my home to office without a single problem. So definitely there is a problem with MapMyIndia product as it crashes. First MapMyIndia tries to sell and support a product they do not make (Sygic Mobile Maps Navigation software). MMI makes maps not the software. Sygic should be the support point as it is their area of expertise, not MMI. I don't have much faith that MMI can resolve the issue. I have done all they have told me incluing factory reset etc. and it still crashes randomly. Probably some new version of Sygic should correct this but as sellers and supporters of the product, MMI should be responsible.

Look at Ndrive they are giving 7 day free trial so we can make an informed choice, and we have MMI telling on its web site, like a cheap desi kirana store that no exchange no refund, things once sold will not be taken back etc. without even giving a chance to try it. Infact on their website they have mentioned Samsung Galaxy S i9000 to a compatible phone.

http://www.mapmyindia.com/gps/products/ ... hones.html

This is more or less the list Sygic has put up

http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/compa ... vices.html

I feel that Sygic may have tested with European firmwares of the device and not Indian firmware. I am doubtful MMI team has tested it with the Indian Froyo of Galaxy S.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey redbull, Have you checked if there is some techinical fault in ur phone. Check the feedback of other people using the same phones and that may provide a solution.
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    @ansal11, I think I have already posted another person posted on MMI page on facebook

"Avinash KG Hi I have recently purchased the mobile version of MapMyIndia for my Android phone Samsung Galaxy S. The GPS signal is fine and it tells me where I am, but when I select a POI or an address and click on Route Me the application closes and returns to the phone home screen. The OS on my phone is Android 2.2. I have conta...cted the support and they told me to re install it, I did it but still the same issue. I have dropped several mails to your support but none answers. I want to know whether you can fix this or return what I paid."

Besides why don't they give trial period for something which is web based download. If I don't want, I won't activate it after trial.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
  10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I have traveled quite a lot in North, covering Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Gwalior and have got chance to test my MapMyIndia and Nokia's Free Maps apps at same time and found Nokia's Map are more updated and accurate.You can even plan your route well before you start your journey at OVI.com and later get it sync online while you are on the roads.

Sometime it gets very difficult to identify and find locations on map specially on small screen device and while you are driving. I usually keep my OVI account password quite easy so I could share it with my friends. And while I'm on my journey I just call my friend or family to log into my account and find the desired location and save it. All I need to do is to sync my account online and the newly saved place/location gets stored in my favorite list.