1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

At 7.5 K, you will get a Nokia 5230. Check that out as well and Ovi maps come preloaded. Its pretty good.

2. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I think the latest model available is 5232. But shifting from Windows mobile to Symbian is difficult to imagine, and Nokia, unfortunately don't have that option. I like Android but I don't want to spend more than 10-12k. :confused
  3. royj

royj Esperto

There are a few Android models in the 9-13K range. Please check the Samsung Galaxy series. I heard Galaxy 5 can be got for around 9K and Galaxy 3 for around 11K
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Hummm.. How about Sony X10 Mini Its with Android but Version 1.6. And price is around 13k. The question is can I upgrade to Android 2.2 or whichever the latest version available?
  5. gaur4v

:hit out of topic :boxer :hijacked
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    :hijacked Guys, android discussion in the gadget thread please as we have only one thread for GPS and MMI Navigator discussions. ::V

GPS units invite thieves like anything plus they aren't too accurate as of now. So I think it is best to restrict to the Road Pilot or a Cell Phone GPS.

As per what I've read, there is no SD card slot in MMI Road Pilot. How do we update it then? Download via PC connectivity? Can someone please compare Road Pilot with VX140/VX240/LX130 highlighting pros and cons?
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I wish to record here that my MapMyIndia [MMI] Lx130 navigator guided me properly during 95% of my 18-day, 6148-km long mega trip spanning across 7 states of India. However, it misguided me at Udaipur while going on NH 76 both during the up and down journeys.

While going from Ahmedabad to Jaipur, I wanted to change from NH 8 to NH 76 at Udaipur to go via Chittaurgarh, Bhilwara and Kishangarh [NH 76/79] to rejoin at NH 8 again to Jaipur. My MMI Lx130 recommended the same route. But, while entering NH 76 at Udaipur, it got confused and advised me to take a U turn! Added to this, there were no signages indicating Chittaurgarh after exiting Udaipur on NH 76. So, I too got confused and obeyed my MMI navigator's commands! After some distance, we asked some truck drivers, who suggested to take NH 8 so that both distance and toll could be saved! But, when we asked for the route for Chittaurgarh, they pointed the same NH 76 from which I took U turn earlier. Then, again I took one more U turn and continued on the same NH 76. When we crossed a few km after the Udaipur airport road junction, I found a signage indicating Chittaurgarh. I heaved a sigh of relief and continued.

In the return journey, while coming from Jodhpur to Udiapur, again my MMI navigator confused me on the same NH 76. It remained silent while we crossed the exit ramp for Udaipur! But, we had our own doubts and enquired an old man and he guided to me to take double U turns to get to that particular exit ramp. Here also, there was no signage indicating Udaipur near the exit ramp!

I had some pleasant surprises too. In October this year, I upgraded to the new MMI map version 5.0. So, while in Mumbai, when we wanted to go from our Oritel Service Apartment, Andheri [E] to Marine Drive, it recommended Jogeshwari - Vikhroli Link Road to reach the Western Expressway. In March this year, during our previous trip to Mumbai, it recommended the congested Andheri - Kurla Road to reach the Western Expressway from the same Oritel. During this visit, I didn't have an opportunity to drive on that congested Andheri - Kurla Road, thanks to the upgradation to the new map version 5.0!

On the whole, my MMI Lx130 once again proved it was my friend, philosopher and guide [well, for most of the times!]. :up
    1 person likes this.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

X10 Mini now comes with 2.1, entire Xperia family of 1.6 got an upgrade to 2.1 during diwali. There is Xperia 8 too.
    I use MMI latest version on Android and it works with charm.
    Found recent updates in google maps to be give better navigation results as compared to MMI. but MMI scores in POI's
    Also Google Maps for mobile version 5.0 allows offline navigation, you can download the maps of a given region and use it without GPRS/3G connectivity.

I think investing 7-10k in pure GPS device doesnt make a sense unless one is going to use that device daily. Otherwise buying a GPS enabled smart phone with good maps for 7-15K makes a lot more sense, as it would add 100s of other benefits to your life.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Hey Ravi Ji, I am using VX 240 MMI as well. One thing i would like to mention, there is a feedback option on the MMI website where you can provide the feeback regarding MMI misguiding u a couple of times on ur trip. They will correct those issues in the next version of Maps.
  10. redbull

How to install it in android? WIll it update itself from Android market?

How to download offline maps?