1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MAPMY INDIA NAVIGATOR

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Sep 11, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My phone lacks the GPS hardware. I can not connect to the satellites.
  2. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    @PaddleShifter - Is it 3400i? I too have the same model.
    :eek:fftopic That leads to the question which is the best 'entry level' mobile has got GPS connectivity.
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, it is hTC P3400i.
    Now it is with my brother actually.
    I'm using Samsung Corby Plus. I don't know why I bought this. Crappiest Operating system one can have today. :A

My next phone will not be anything except "Windows Mobile"(I've not seen android yet). This is the best platform in the market. I had so many softwares for it.

Now, Nokia has cell phones with GPS under 10k. Asus P320 was the best GPS PocketPC@11k in 2008 but I wanted hTC.
    Micromaxx has introduced Windows Mobile with preloaded mapmyindia maps at Rs7500. But Micromax brand is not something one would prefer to buy.
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I'm using Nokia Maps which are now Free with GPS enabled phones (No GPRS required). They have 98% accurate maps and they keep updating their maps. I have been using it for quite some time. Tested myself in some of interior areas of Rajasthan, and it really worked accurate. More than this you can sync it with online OVI apps. Create location, save your fav. location and even share it with your friends. I remember I needed some location which was not possible to find it on phone specially when u r driving. I just called up my friend, requested him to find the place on OVI maps, save it and than share it with me. All I did was the sync with my OVI account through GPRS and the location was updated on my handset. Very Very useful feature.

Anyone else using Nokia GPS?
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Yup I am using OVI maps on my Nokia 5800. They come with voice guidance as well and yes the navigation is free of cost for life time.
  6. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Same here!!!

I am Also using OVI maps on my Nokia 5800. Very useful.
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Am I hijacking this thread??
    Thanks for your inputs Grandeur, neoonwheels, Vijay - But 5800 is kind of a old model now, need to check Nokia's latest models.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have Nokia maps on my E-72, but for navigation I prefer the Google maps on my Android - Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-i5700.
  9. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I am very happy with Nokia 5230 for the GPS thingy. Is dirt Cheap and works!!

Vroom
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My friend gave the latest MMI v5 maps for pocket PC. The cheapest windows mobile PPC with GPS is from Micromaxx (around 7K). Do you guys think one should buy Micromaxx only for GPS purpose? because I already got the maps for it.
    Any other suggestion?