1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MAPMY INDIA NAVIGATOR

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Sep 11, 2010.

1. nskumar

nskumar

COIMBATORE
    MAP VER5.0 RELEASED

With Version 5.0 MapmyIndia has successfully succeeded in improvising the quality of data by providing Street Level data of 809 cities .It does not end here. MapmyIndia Version 5.0 hosts lots of new exciting features. Some Highlights of version 5.0 are

* Street level maps for 809 cities across India.
    * Number of POIs/Unique destinations increased from 2 Million to 3 Million which are connected by 1.05 Million km Road
    * Voice Guidance available in additional 8 regional languages
    * Improved search with search suggestions and intelligent keyboard including pincode
  2. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh
    Any idea how much it will cost ? (Plus installing) . Please mention model number also :drinks
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gaurav, you can visit mapmyindia website for details of the features. There are many navigators from mapmyindia.

RoadPilot
    LX130(?being discontinued)
    VX140
    ZX150

The best value for money is Road Pilot(Rs7500). Comes with one main feature only- Satellite Navigation, and has a 3.5inch screen. Others also support media playback etc but they are not of much use.
    VX140 costs around 14k and Zx150 goes near 19-20k mark.

The last time I checked out the price of Rad Pilot in Sec28, Chd, I was quoted 7.5k by S.K. Autos(quotes higher than competition).
    There is also car life just 2 showroom towards the petrol pump. There are a total of 5 retailers in Chandigarh.
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also I heard that devices are not 100% accurate every time so are not VFM if we spend more than 10k on them.
  5. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh
    Thanks PaddleShifter i agree SK motor charge more than others.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    MAPMY INDIA NAVIGATOR - NEW MAP VERSION 5.0

A few hours back, I had my MapMyIndia [MMI] Lx130 navigator upgraded to the new map version 5.0, which was a Herculean task.

I paid Rs 990 for single upgrade plan on 7 Sep 2010. The invoice dated 7 Sep 2010 was promptly received on the next day. I was assured that I would get the link for downloading the new version 5.0 map by email and MMI customer support would contact me within 24 hours. Nothing happened. Then, I reminded MMI through email. Again nothing happened. When I tried their national toll-free number, it didn't work. When I called their customer support, I was informed that the concerned person, one Mr Syed, was not available in his place. I remembered my visit to government taluk office! When I requested them to take my mobile number and get that person call me later, I was curtly informed that I should call him the next day! I sent one more round of emails to the customer support.

At last, I received the download link from the concerned person on 10 Sep 2010 with instructions: After downloading and copying to my navigator, I should send the MMI ID, storage ID, etc. to them to enable them to send the licence. I didn't understand the logic behind this. All these ID details are with them as I had already registered in their website, but they asked me to send the details, which I did on 13 Sep 2010 as I was out of station without my MMI Lx130 navigator, which didn't work without the licence file.

Again silence. Nothing happened. I called the customer care, only to be told that the concerned person was not there! Again, I sent two more rounds of emails with nil reaction from MMI. Thank god, today, I was lucky enough to talk to Mr Syed on my second attempt. When I poured the details, he assured me that I would get the licence file before 4 pm today. He called me at 3 pm and informed me that he had already sent it.

The rest, as they say, is history! I downloaded the licence file and pasted it in my navigator. Now, I have a choice of many Indian languages and I chose female voice to guide me in Tamil. On a quick glance, I find that all the recent landmarks are added to the PoI. But, I lost my favourites saved in the previous version. :sadblue

So, I made the payment on 7 Sep 2010 and upgraded to new map version 5.0 on 17 Sep 2010. MMI should pat its back for the prompt action taken!
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is how we Indians are getting service at most of the places. MapMyIndia is supposedly the best navigation provider, and sad to see their response.
  8. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi FIATians,
    Anybody tried the mobile maps? I am having a HTC touch and planning to install MMI mobile maps application, cheaper alternative to a sat nav.
    Appreciate your suggestions.

--Rajeev
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My friend was using mapmyindia maps on his Acer P320 (or something) Windows 6 mobile about 1.5year back. It worked perfectly on his cell phone.
    My hTC did not have GPS so I couldn't use it on mine. But surely there is no difference between mobile and MMI device navigation capabilities.
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi PaddleShifter,
    Thanks for the infomrmation. As per the MMI website http://www.mapmyindia.com/gps/products/mobile/mobilemaps/overview_w.html, we don't need any extra subscriptions. The site says
    So I think you also can use it, if the model is mentioned in the compatibility list. Forgive me if I'm sounding stupid.

--Rajeev