1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Manza Diesel vs Punto 1.3 emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by singh, Jan 23, 2012.

1. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Driven punto 1.3

Driven Punto 1.3 today , and quite confident about the choice . I have driven swift for ard 50k kms and santro 85k kms , Driving Punto is Entirely different from both .
    First on interiors : Never compare Linea with Punto , i am sure u wont like interiors after sitting in linea . BUT Punto is not bad , its just dont compare , the centre console is positoned very well and all controls are in reach and the simple design is elegant too . Its just colour GREY which makes huge difference in feel of the interiors , Fiat should have given same interiors if not leather atleast colour should be same , sitting at back of linea gives feeling of proper luxury. Will be attaching the pics of comaprison .
    Steering is not too close as mentioned instead its better as u can hold the steering while resting ur right arm on door , left side arm rest is missing , i have that on santro and swift and felt lacking in punto , but can be done aftermarket. Steering is heavy than swift and santro , it takes effort to rotate when car is still .
    Rear leg room is little better than swift , but much much better in comfort than swift , even rear passenger can rest arm on door with nice fabric touch and wide enough for big arms. Ladies wont have any problem at rear , and men 6 feet in height will feel cramped , but thats fine as in my family all will fit better.
    AC was not even turned on due to chilly weather here . Front seat Head rest fits nicely in neck , a boon on long tours .
    All in all i am satisfied and definitely recommend . Those who have not driven will never be able to know what ride and comfort is actually .
    DSC_0211.jpg DSC_0212.jpg DSC_0213.jpg DSC_0214.jpg DSC_0208.jpg
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Singh sahab, first of all i am really happy to know that you liked the punto. With respect to your above point about the interiors of punto and linea i would like to share my view. However these are solely my views and everybody may not agree with it

punto comes with a sporty background and heritage and is targeted at a different set of audience. you would have heard about abarth puntos. Keeping this character intact its has this black/grey interiors. I dont think it is sold with beige interiors in any other part of the world also.

Linea as per my understanding is more of an executive/family sedan and hence the beige colour. For the same reason we don't have abarth modifying lineas.

To top it all Fiat is not the kind of company which would do such a change(in this case changing punto's interiors to beige) just to increase the sales numbers
    If you meant the center armrest, I dont think any hatchback in india is sold with an oem armrest. FYI with punto you have the luxury of being able to fit linea's oem armrest which is an exact fit
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very much true.