1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Manufacturing Code

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Udayatreya, May 13, 2013.

1. Udayatreya

Udayatreya

Bangalore
    Hello All,
    I took delivery of my Punto MJD yesterday. I just need to know how do we find the year of Manufacture of the vehicle
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Udayatreya..another new Fiat member joined TFI..welcome to TFI..From which dealership in bangalore did u took delivery of ur Punto MJD??post the code which will b present inside bonnet(hood)of ur car..or check TFI PDI Thread..
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi,

Congratulations on your new punto...!!

You can also find the VIN number under the carpet in the footwell front left side next to the driver seat..
  5. Udayatreya

Udayatreya

Bangalore
    From Vecto Motors. As I am a Fiat user from almost 10 years and I know people in Vecto(due to Prerana) they are friendly and helpful. I have no issues with Prerana until now.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    how was buying experience with vecto??is ur car manufactured in april 2013??does ur car's wheel caps have gun metal finish or silver colour finish??
  7. aswin.sukumar

aswin.sukumar Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Team,

I am a bit concerned with the behavior of Vecto Motors, Bangalore. I have booked a Punto Dynamic MJD at Vecto Motors on 12th October’13 and performed the PDI. I was accompanied by couple of friends who are Team-BHP-ians on Saturday, 9th November’13 and while checking the engine number (0360110) and the VIN (MCA118B5E07045936AKZ)
    we found out that the engine was manufactured in 2012 and the car was assembled on January’13.

I went around the car and was bit surprised to find the below:
    1. Cobwebs on the front wheel caps and inside below the front passenger seat.
    2. The plastics that cover the C and D pillar on the inside had faded spots.
    3. We tried everything but the rear seat was not latching itself on to the lock.
    4. The rubber sill flaps on the rear doors had atleast an inch gap.
    5. The seatbelt caps on both the front seats were falling apart.
    6. The RHS beading next to the OVRM were displaced as if it were tampered.

I was promised by the sales person that I will allotted a car assembled in June’13. I was surprised and when confronted with the sales person, what he had to say was that Vecto Motors received this car in June’13, which was rolled out from the factory on Jan’13.
    Now, I expect a 10 months depreciation value as a discount. Once the vehicle is registered with the RTO in my name, I have to take the brunt of the depreciation of 10 months(almost a year old car from Vecto Motors), even though I am buying it on Nov'13.
    Has there been any similar events recorded with Vecto Motors yet or is it the “Fiat India few old habits die hard!”.
    Please advise.!