1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to know that. Bumper alignment can be fixed by any good denting-painting guy. Since the scratch is not big you could get it touch-up from them or DIY using those pens or cans they sell these days for quick fix of superficial scratches. Refer to Youtube for some very good tutorials on the same.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The bumper has been pushed back into the original slot except for the last slot which I will get done from Balaji. Thats the beauty of the Fiat product, there has been no cracks at all. I will not do any touch up as of now but planning to get them removed fairly during the detailing which I have planned on Saturday. Lets see how much remains.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur, many times with an impact on rear bumper what happens is we do not find any damage at the point of impact but there are slight bulges at the two sides (either or both, depending upon impact was at the center or not) where bumper meets the rear fender. hopefully you have checked it
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shams,
    The impact was on the rear left section of the rear bumper. Attached the pics for clarity.
    Rear Right bumper section

Rear right bumper.jpg

Rear left bumper section - area of impact circled

Rear left bumper (2).jpg

Notice the huge gap between the bumper and fender.
    Huge gap - rear left bumper.jpg

If the bumper id lifted and fixed in the clip (not seen in the pic) then the bumper will be back to its original aligned state
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A quick visit to Balaji Fiat to check the rear bumper alignment revealed a different pciture. Another damage seen to the rear left fender liner which has cracked. Pics attached to show the cracks. The fender liner is a plastic material which will have to be replaced. Unfortunately Balaji Fiat didnt not have the spare readily available and procuring it will take a min a of 2 days. The SA even suggested me to get the bumper replaced by claiming Insurance. I denied it since there was no major damage to the bumper. I asked the rear bumper to be re-aligned for which I was asked to get the car today since y'day most of the technicians were already preparing to go home.

I was told by the SA that the fender liner would cost around Rs 450/- + taxes + labour charges and can be replaced without removing the rear bumper. However the rear left tyre will have to be removed to provide access for installation.
    20140110_074254.jpg
    20140110_074321.jpg
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Update:

Another futile day gone by. Had visited the Balaji Fiat workshop to get the rear bumper fixed back but the technician announced that the plastic notches holding the bumper have cracked and will need the entire rear bumper to be removed and fixed. In the absence of the fender liner, decided to leave the issue for the time being. Will have a go at it next weekend by then the fender would have arrived. Right now I will be totally engrossed in thinking about the meet on Sunday.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Update:

The rear left fender liner was replaced during the recent visit to Balaji Fiat. Costed me Rs 590 in total, was surprised to see Fiat charging for some bracket, nuts and bolts too.

The horn which I had reported to be not operating properly was also replaced under warranty. This makes a total of 3 items till date replaced under warranty is a six month old ownership of Punto.

This visit did bring a smile on my face as for the first time I was given a customer feedback form, I guess after the team fiat meet interaction with Fiat officials. The CRM at Balaji Fiat Mr Sandeep was courteous enough to ensure that I receive the feedback form which I duly filled. There were 3 pages in the feedback, a ratings form, a Fiat feedback form and a satisfaction report. Filled all the forms and handed it back to Mr Sandeep. Hope the comments entered will be duly attended to.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well, looks this is standard for other SCs also, as I have also filled some of these at another SC prior to the meet.
    1 person likes this.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Yes Sir, they charge for everything, Even I was surprised but seems like it costs to them as well.
    You can find the same on 99rpm.
    1 person likes this.