1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Got the Wheel alignment/balancing done for my Punto a couple of days back at Premji's Tyre Plus, Thane. The alignment report showed the front toe readings to have huge variations. This was the first WA/WB since the delivery of the car, hence more surprised to see the variations. Dont the factory rolled out cars come out with Wheel alignment/balancing done, I did not ask for the WA/WB report from dealer during delivery. I will post the report soon for more discussions. Also got the tyres rotated. Filled the tyres with Nitrogen as it was being offered for an annual package of RS 200/- with unlimited top ups and once in 6 months complete emptying and refilling. the WA/WB costed me Rs 800/-.

One more issue identified in the previous year itself is the rear right door locking does not get locked with the remote key. Had to manually depress the door lock to keep it locked. Will have to visit the workshop again, hopefully it will be rectified under warranty. I suppose the door lock must have gone bad.
  2. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Dear Ghodlur, Weelalignment/balancing seems to be the perennial problems in all new Fiat cars.I experienced the same issue.Took the car for a 700 km long trip on the second day of delivery and the steering vibrated a lot at around 80 km/h speed.Felt very unhappy because of this. Coupled with this the Link rod and the A/C drain pipe was loose and water seeping inside the cabin.I called the dealership people and blasted at them like hell...It's high time that we escalate these consistent issues on new vehicles to FIAT management.
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Main cause for steering vibration in all new cars is due to high tyre pressure. In my case, tyre pressure was 50 PSI. I think, no one checks the tyre pressure immediately car delivery and showroom PDI does not cover this too. Most of the recent owners have reported this issue.

In my case it got worsened and I had to replace three alloy wheels. Thanks god FIAT gave me all 3 alloys under warranty and I did not have to pay anything for the same.
    All this happened well under 1500 KM.

Apart from this, all things were taken care by Pandit Auto and I had no issue with my Jet.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What was the reason for the same? You havent mentioned anything about that in your ownership thread. Was it due to wheel misalignment?

One more issue I observed today morning is that I hear squeaking sounds from the rear springs even without any rear seating occupied. I guess its time to lubricate the spring seats. Anyone had this issue?
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Issue was being investigated from FIAT crew as per FASS people. I don't want to spread bad words by posting before they actually diagnose the suspect.
    FASS was unable to balance three alloys. Actually I had reported this issue to FASS when ODO was showing H 65. By the time they provide the resolution ODO was at 3800 KM.

It is long time since I have not updated my ownership thread.:(
    I will do it soon and yes, I will mention this issue too in my ownership thread.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Below is the wheel Alignment report for the Punto which I had got done recently. The huge variations are circled. Can someone confirm if the specifications are correct?
    Punto alignment report.jpg

An Update: The malfunctioning rear right door lock has been replaced under warranty. The issues of squeaky rear springs & the strange behaviour of the horns still persist.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    One more surprise yesterday evening as I parked my car at home. The rear wiper had fallen off from the wiper holding. I tried to fix it, but was running out of time hence decided to do it later. Would it be an easy job?
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Had a closer look at the wiper and found that the notch on the wiper arm where the wiper blade clips on has a crack which has resulted in the wiper blade not firmly clipped on. Does this mean that I have to replace the wiper arm? Or would applying Fevikwik to the cracked spot will ensure that the wiper blade will stay clipped on? I dont want to do jugaad which might go wrong and the blade falls off during running. If I have to replace the wiper arm what cost am I looking at? Will this be covered under warranty?

Experts pls opine.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    An Update:

Applied Fevikwik at the cracked spot on the wiper am and cliped the wiper blade back on the arm. As of now its holding even after operating the rear wiper a couple of times. But this pulled up a new issue. The rear wiper sprays isnt working as it should, I guess the holes are clogged with dirt? How do I clean them? Using a pin or something might mis align the spray direction. Any ideas on this?
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    New year hasnt been going good. A wagon R bumped into the Punto today morning on the way to office. This happened at the Majiwade section where we turn to approach the EE highway just below the two pillars of the flyover being constructed. The Wagon R guy thought I had moved and kissed the rear left side bumper. The bumper had come out of its slot, I fixed it back but not completely in as yet. Will visit Balaji on the way home back and try to get it fixed. The Wagon R guy profusely kept apologising and since the damages were nil (althought there is a scratch) I accepted his apology and moved on.

Add to that a huge cover of fog made things difficult on the EE highway with the usual morons zip zapping though the lanes. Fortunately I got an opportunity to switch on the front and rear fog lamps in Punto after a very long time.