1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even mine Rear reverse light was cracked, dont know how, But changed it with Fortune for IRS 351, labour was Rs 300.
    It was 2 years back, But when they had called me on the next day for Fiat-India, gave her a nice blast about the labour charge. After that Fortune called me and asked to get the car back so that they can give a free wash. I never went....
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Of the waiting for service cars, 60% are waiting on spares. If I recall correctly more than half of those cars are out of warranty, hence procurement of spares taking time. I have mentioned in my mail to the Balaji managment and to Fiat too reg the pitiable state of the cars kept in open with photographs. The workshop is least bothered about them. An insider told me that Balaji had asked the owners to drop the car once the spares are available, but most of them preferred to keep it there itself.

I was told that Fortune, Balaji, Wasan motors (non Fiat dealers but mainly Tata dealers) have now been asked by Fiat to service the cars at their workshops to reduce the backlog on the Fiat workshops. Any one can confirm the same??
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    This is a pity to know:(
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    It is confirmed of the above as seen in the FB post by Fiat.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Experts, Have a query (might seem a bit stupid too),

The Low Fuel warning light comes when the needle on the fuel guage touches the red mark which as per manual means that there is around 7 ltrs of fuel in the tank. The range shows around 150 kms. At around 50km on the range display, there is a warning which says "low fuel warning" and then the range display does not show any reading. I refueled and the tank swallowed around 37 ltrs of diesel (based on the auto cut off of the filling nozzle) which means around 8 ltrs was still in the tank. Then why did the Low fuel warning lamp glow? Is there something I am unable to understand?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    range display on MID needs to take into account the instantaneous mileage also so with very low fuel it becomes difficult to synchronise i guess.

from what i have experienced, 'approximately 7 liters left' as per the manual when low fuel warning comes up has deviations upto 1 liter, rarely on the lower side though. I have observed that when the needle is completely horizontal, tank takes anywhere between 4 to 5 liters and at the warning start point it takes 7-8 liters.

a post describing an incident that added to my experience on the basis of which i posted the above: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/2423-journey-punto-20.html#post148048
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir,
    Safety First.
    When it is said warning then why second thought of correcting the warning light :D .May be after certain level the sensors are unable to read the values throwing wrong figures to warn you or cut off value is defined within the ECU.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    An Update:

The RTO person from Balaji, Thane confirmed that the changes to the RC to include the missing 20th Character cant be done since the Thane RTO accepts only 19 characters in the Chassis no. According to them most of the manufacturers have the chassis no of 14-18 characters max with Fiat being an exception. I have asked Balaji to give a me a letter on their letter head regarding the same, the original RC will be returned back.

Is this the case, can Thane Fiatians can confirm? Aniket/Dkumar/Linear/Abhisheksil??? or is the RTO BSing me?
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Finally the rectified RC arrived. Confirmed that the chassis no shows the 20 characters.

Meanwhile had completed the first free service a few weeks back, forgot to pen it down here. Nothing much to really write about the service. Car had crossed 5K kms and the usual checks were done. The left front door power window housing had come loose, got it fixed. As per the SA everything was in order.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Have been observing a little strange behaviors of the horn in my Punto for the past couple of days. I feel only one horn sounds in the morning whereas by the evening both of the horns sound properly. What could be the reason for the feeble souding horn in the morning? Cold climate?

One horn sounding feels like a man with gas troubles.:-D