1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    This issue cropped up many fiat in "This mansoon" specially cars parked in open parking , same thing happen with my friends in same society whose car parked in open . odo blinking may be because of this issue as BCM is getting corrupted signals from door lock mechanism.

Solution-
    1st- Try to blow air on lock mechanism u can do it from car washing center as they have air compressor
    wait for day.

if its not solved

2nd -
    Have to change driver side door lock mechanism which u will get in warranty
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    An Update:
    Visited the Balaji workshop y'day for the autolocking issues. As Aniket suggested, the culprit was the driver side lock which had gone bad. No reasons though specified by the technician (Mannubhai - a nice chap, patiently answered all my queries). The lock was replaced under warranty. Tested post the replacement, the car autolocks at 20 kmph and not within 20 secs of the car start as earlier. Even the continuous operation of the locks was also not seen which was the case earlier when the driver door was opened. Not a single penny paid, zoomed out of the workshop.

Pain points:
    1) For first 25 mins there wasnt any SA who opened the job card, although the SA named Wilson immediately assigned a technician to have a look at the car. He went missing after a couple of minutes looking for an expert in wiring.
    2) The technician offered me two options - a) Lubricate the existing door look which can then be reused but without any guarentee. 2) Replace the locks. I opted for second, but this put a doubt in mind whether the new lock replaced wasnt an earlier removed but lubricated one. I wasnt shown the packing for the new locks
    3) There was no bill provided since the warranty details of the car werent updated in the system, hence Balaji couldnt claim warranty from Fiat. Hence no billing
    4) It was found that the RC (Smart card) for the car had one letter missing out 20 characters when cross checked with the VIN. Now an additional headache of getting the RC changed for which I have to submit a few documents and again wait for 30-40days for the changed RC.

Met the Workshop Manager Mr Suryakant Patil (who had joined about a 10 days back & was getting a feel of the Fiat workings), he was enthusiastically ensuring that every car was attended within the stipulated time from arrival at the workshop which as per Fiat SLA is 15 mins max. Suggested a few things such as a displayed organogram of the workshop, a suitable shed for the parked Fiat cars, better Workshop feel etc. Got the e-mail ids of few imp Balaji + Fiat people, will be mailing them of the suggestions officially.

A few pics from my side of the workshop (already there on the forum but these are the latest ones)

Photo0465.jpg

Photo0473.jpg

Photo0466.jpg

Photo0467.jpg

Photo0468.jpg

Photo0469.jpg

Photo0470.jpg

Photo0472.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Its almost a week since I gave all the required documents for the change in the RC related the Chassis no which had a character missing from the 20 character no. The RTO person from Balaji says the delay in issuing the reciept is due to rush (read non working) at the RTO office. All I have now is the copy of the RC - no original, no reciept. What should be my backup in case I am stopped & asked for RC (original)? Should I connect the traffic cop to Balaji for details? How does one handle the situation.

Got a mail from Mangesh Kodalkar regarding the un updation of my Punot's normal + extended warranty in Fiat's system - same lame excuse "We are working on it".
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    An update:

Got a few calls from Fiat India as well as Balaji regarding the issue raised for the non provision of bill when the locks were replaced recently for the want of warramty updates. Balaji confirmed that standard warrnty details are updated in their system as well as Extended warranty although no formal written confirmation for the same. Attached is the invoice for the recent repairs. Check out the updated Tax Invoice1.jpg warranty dates.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Few days back a biker had rear ended my Punto which resulted in the broken rear fog lamp glass, theres not visible damage to the bumper. During my recent visit tio Balaji, Thane, I enquired if I could get just the red plastic cover for which they flatly refused saying I will have to buy the entire set. Checked the 99 rpm site and found that the rear fog lamp for Punto comes as a combination of fog lamp + reverse lamp costing Rs 761/-. I could see that there is an option to pick only the fog lamp but couldnt see any cost. Also it doesnt allow to pick only the fog lamp, entire combination has to be bought. Anybody bought just the fog lamps from the site?

Photo0445.jpg

rear fog lamp.jpg
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Ghodlur,Glad to know that your autolock issue was solved.I have no idea regarding RC.Superb pics,Thanx for posting them.Thane has these many Fiat's?:shocked.I think you should need to buy entire combination of fog lamps.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes, most of them are there for servicing for more than 4 weeks, of them only 35% were serviced and waiting for the owners to pick up:shocked:shocked. Its a pity that there are out in open.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Right side is Fog lamp(full red one), left side is reverse lamp. each set costs 761 and both cost 1522 on 99rpm. whats the confusion here? maybe its not listed very clearly but since we have the part nos, you can confirm with 99rpm over email/phone. their service is quite prompt.

my answer to a similar query from enki few days back:
    1 person likes this.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Wat?standing there for service for more than 4 weeks is shocking.In that 35% serviced cars are still not picked up by owners means what do they do?do they hav alternative vehicle?or they are fed up of coming to pick their Fiat's?Thane dealer should keep Fiat cars in a shed rather than leaving them out in hot sun.
  10. vishal_tomar

vishal_tomar Timido

Vadodara
    vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cheers Mr. Girish

the do,not like points you have mentioned , if you see them again sincerely , these are not so considerable for performance , i have driven my Punto Km 11800 including 2 visits from vadodara to delhi 2000 km to & fro . even on speed at 110 - 120 you will not feel any fear as usually experienced on Indian roads to control car in case of any obstruction . i have experienced this in mid of Dousa to kota " a mistrustfully chosen road due to sickness of adventures" . we were on the speed of 90 around on single lane highway suddenly a deep pit come across but visible when 15 feet away . i just applied the rude breaking & car was got safe from possible damage . you can't imagine at that speed car not displaced longitudinally along the road width , but just stuck . shown great balance . we have notice 17.5 km with AC on High way . once you go beyond speed 40 kmph Punto feels like electric car with out noise in cabin .

the all you didn't like is because of the influence stick on fiat with joint manufacturing with Stupid TATA. they are culprit who might have given interior glaring to Fiat through suppliers . But Lion is after all Lion irrespective it will born in italy or In India . physical feature may vary .

thanks to read , Enjoy your queen .

Punto Active 1.3 D White
    1 person likes this.