1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    All service centers atleast in Mumbai have a 'doing favour to Fiat' attitude. Some even express it. If a diagnostic tool is provided by company the cost of same should be distributed within various labour headings. Only in cases where examiner is used and customer is being smart and chooses to not opt for service but mere free checkup that charge is probably justified. But Fiat or dealers can choose to avoid those charges forever.
    Ganges likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The issue mainly here is that a multi car outlet has been appointed as a FASS. So the inclination of the franchise will be more towards cars of other manufacturers since these are direct income to them. Also this includes Fiat cars which are out of warranty. Here they get cash instantly. Whereas for Fiat cars still under warranty it is a lengthy process to recover the amount. FASS has to log into Fiat system, apply for warranty related repairs, get it approved and them they get paid for their services. So naturally the outlet will look more into not providing the required service to Fiat cars under warranty.

Now this FASS boasted of 2 dedicated SA, 2 dedicated body shop employees and 15 trained Fiat technicians. They were also supposed to dedicate two bays exclusively for Fiat cars. But when I reached the workshop all the bays were occupied by other manufacture cars. k Inspite of all the above arrangement, they could not provide a dedicated ramp to check the front suspension issue. This kind of service sucks. Either Fiat India has no clue how these guys work or they themselves are ensuring that things dont work.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Today morning I saw the front passenger seats soiled and even the left front door fabric dirty and stained.

Had a call with Mr Valsan and updated him about my experience. He said he is going to talk to the FASS. Got a call from LTM immediately for the front suspension noise. Told them it will be possible only next Sat. Lets see how things go from here.
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Thats the problem with most of the service center(s). Unprofessional to say the least. I had similar experience(s) across multiple MASS ( for my alto) and similar experience at HASS. Then how can FASS be different.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I really doubt as to how can 3 glow plugs go bad at one time and the fourth one in the stage of going bad. Either this is a quality issue or maybe the wiring is such that glow plugs are always On and this unnecessary current consumption is what is killing the plugs.

I had asked the FASS to check the battery since I was getting the Airbag failure alarm at the start of the crank in the mornings (rest of day no alarm). But then again no update on this one and the answer I got was they did not get time to check the battery.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can only verify that if you were present at scene when the glowsticks were removed. One can collect them there itself and take a litmus test to check each one of them. If the glow plug timer somehow causes errors that is a remote possibility. Intermittent errors not logged or diagnosed in time. Like a latent virus in human body.
    ghodlur likes this.
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Did they show you working (rather non working) of each glow plug. Though, it isn't rare that all go bad together; but how did they establish the fact the fourth is weak
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Na, they did not show me the replaced glow plugs either. Even when I asked they kept diverting the topic. I did ask the SA how did they arrive at fourth plug about to go bad but he did not have any answer. In fact I had stopped expecting any logical answers from them when I saw the bill where they charged me for the glow plugs when in fact it should have been under warranty.
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Now that they have been replaced under warranty, it really doesn't matter; if actually all were bad or not. And had they been trying acting smart, it must have been good lesson to them.
    (OT: do you know, which make Glow plug have been installed)
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Unfortunately no. They acted as if the glow plug was proprietary thing. The FASS was playing very very safe with Fiat customers I guess.