1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For issue 1, they will put some plastic/rubber cladding around the suspension spring, so that it will not rub..... Mine was long pending same issue was fixed @kht Bangalore
    ghodlur likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Some one was mentioning might be an issue with the strut pads, link rod, lower arms, shock obs and what not. Now getting really confused coz the FASS I am visiting are relatively new the Fiat cars. I dont want the issue to be multiplied or replaced with a different one. Lets see how my visit to FASS goes.
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    I witnessed similar thing last month. Got checked the car, and found two glow plugs gone kaput.

Though I got them replaced, but the warning is still there. (Its hasn't been still resolved but all the glow plugs are functioning).

Please do get them checked. If not glow plug, then it could be the timer. FIAT's circuit is pretty simple and easy to check.
    ghodlur likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks buddy. I will be getting the glow plug and timer checked to eliminate the issue completely.
    Why is your issue not resolved even after replacing the glow plugs? Is the timer culprit in your case, was that checked?
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Timer was also checked, and no issue found.
    They suspect, incompatible make of glow plug. They had put BOSCH (India) Glow plug and the others are of different make. New plugs are being sourced (of different make) and will be replaced and tested.

Though I didnt find it convincing, but no other problem could be found with wiring or other components.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I just spoke to the Thane FASS guy and he said they only have Bosch make glow plugs and that Fiat provides them these only. No other make plugs are authorized by Fiat. Is it the case that glow plug for Punto and Line are different?

Can you enquire with the Fiat workshop what make glow plugs are they procuring?
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    They are procuring BOSCH (Germany). Earlier they had put BOSCH (India).
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    My experience at FASS Life Time Mobility Thane.

I had booked an appointment yesterday i.e Sat 6th Feb to resolve the following issues:'
    1) Glowplug
    2) Front suspension noise
    3) Noise from steering when turned to complete left or right.
    4) Air bag failure indications

Reached FASS at 9.30 am. It took them 30 min to open a job card and note down the issues. There was no delivery time indicated on the job card and delivery date was mentioned of next day i.e 7th (today). I repeatedly told them that I need the vehicle same day.

At 4.30 pm I received a call from SA saying 3 glow plugs had gone bad and 4th one was also doubtful. I told them to change all of them and confirmed with them that I can pick up the vehicle at 5.30 pm. Also reminded that the rear mud flap needed a screw since it was hanging. Upon reaching the FASS, I was handed a bill of Rs 5.1K and they had charged for me for
    1) Glow plugs 4
    2) Consumables Rs 50
    3) Screw for mud flap Rs 1.50
    4) Labour charges Rs 350
    5) Scanner charges. Rs 850

This sent me in a fit of rage. I had told them that the glow plug replacement was under warranty inspite of which they charged me. Took a lot of back and forth talk with the GM of the FASS who finally agreed for the charges to be cancelled. They still persisted with the consumables, screw charges, labour and scanner charges. Now I was totally pissed off. Made a few calls to Mumbai service team head and made him talk to the GM after which they agreed to cancel all charges and give me a bill of zero amount. The SA had the guts to ask me Rs 1.5 for the screw. A sarcastic look was sufficient to make him back off.

Now in all this melee, they did not attend the front suspension noise issue. When reminded them they said that they had sprayed the lubricant on the rubber part of the suspension. When I asked why they did not replace the part as it should be under warranty and that I had got it done previously from Balaji FASS for the rear suspension. They feigned ignorance. They said that the steering noise was not there at all (this inspite of the fact that the GM had taken the test trial in the morning and confirmed it).

All in all, a hopeless FASS and I will not recommend them at all. Agreed that there are in the learning process, but their attitude totally put me off. They more more argumentative rather than supportive. The GM Mr Vinod Pande thinks he can take every Fiat customer for a ride. Imagine he saying me that scanner charges are to be paid by the customer. When I challenged him to identify the faulty glow plug without scanner he was left speechless. I would have preferred Balaji to be continued as FASS, atleast there I was at liberty to witness the service. Here I was asked to wait in the lounge.

I am going to write a detailed mail to Mangesh Kodalkar and Fiat service regarding my frustrating experience.

Now I dont have any other alternative but to visit RS Motor in Kandivali which is about 30kms from my place.

Attaching the bill which I received from FASS.

P_20160206_180225.jpg
    Navneet and vtlreja2 like this.
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    I believe, whenever any matter is escalated to FIAT (most of them are similar); FIAT should (say ~quarterly) send a mailer to all its dealers stating/highlighting malpractices, that they should stay away from (as might have been reported elsewhere); also FAQ regarding warranty claims (Infact, similar mail to all FIAT customer(s); so that they are also aware of their rights and if dealer is acting smart). If any of the dealer, even then violates them, strict action should be taken.

this would also help keeping all dealership at same page, and practicing consistent code of conduct.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3