1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks man for those tips. I have actually sent back the arm rest for change in colour from Beige to Grey. Once I get it, I will keep in mind these tips. Actually there are around 5 holes provided for fixing the arm rest base plate to the hand brake extension unit. Planning to get at least 3 screws installed for a rigid grip.

Reg the sun shades, they should fit the Evo too. the glass area on the doors is same for Evo and Grande Punto. Or else search sun shades specifically for the Evo. IMO should be same.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Some updates after a long time.

Had been on Rajasthan tour last week. Covered Jaipur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Mount Abu and Udaipur. Did not take the Punto as home minister was not too for it. Travelled in Rajasthan in T-Etios. One noticeable thing is the lower GC for the Etios. Had scrapped a couple of bumps . Also the vibrations inside the cabin was very distinct whenever the car went of the puny speed brakers, those local village ones. On straight roads, easily touched speeds of 120 but in traffic noticed the engine to be lugging. Same in ghat sections as the engine had to be revved hard on way up to Mount Abu.

And you guys thought I will be writing about trip. ha ha ha.
    Details about it in a separate travelogue.
    rishike007, mchanna, Rama and 3 others like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Some interesting figures achieved in the last tank full.

P_20151126_073832.jpg

P_20151126_073842.jpg
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Today morning got a big surprise. While cleaning the Punto found burnt type marks on the rear left C pillar section. There are 6-8 such prominent marks. I tried using a rubbing compound, but the mark faded slightly and did not come off. There was no welding activity near the car neither was any wax material (Suspected candle flying of the house). What could be it? I suspect the paint has been damaged. Is there any way I can remove them using any detailing products??

Pic attached (taken from mobile, so pls excuse the quality)

P_20151130_075505.jpg

P_20151130_075512.jpg
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur
    Seems like diwali crackers effect ?
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Doubt that. It was not there when I washed my car on Saturday and neither during a routine check on Sunday evening. Happened overnight I guess.
    Is the paint work on the Punto fire proof? I mean the accidental lamp falls etc? I am going to give another try with the rubbing compound.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "Is the paint work on the Punto fire proof? "

Have to test it :D ,
    but i remember when my car was parked on the road side, the childrens playing with crackers from first floor and ground floor got a chance to test the punto paint, i saw/experienced sparkles from the crackers falling on punto,after checking i didnt saw any dark/paint burnt spots.
    Pradeepms and ghodlur like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Got the Arm rest fitted yesterday at the former Fiat workshop i.e Balaji Fiat Thane. The technician did a good job (under my constant supervision/glare). The arm rest is fitted without any play as of now hence no rattles. The technician has assured that there will be none. A couple of irritants though after fixing the arm rest - 1) Seat belt takes a longer time to wear since the arm rest in a way obstructs. 2) The vertical movement of the arm rest is too smooth.

I will let the pics do the talking. Don't know why the arm rest looks beige in the pics when actually its grey.

P_20151205_112851.jpg

P_20151205_112858.jpg

P_20151205_112912.jpg

P_20151205_112929.jpg

P_20151205_112938.jpg
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So an addiction added. :hilarious:
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto