1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Even I had my doubts when I saw the figures. I was driving at 80 ish speeds and the last 10 kms were in city traffic but still got this wonderful mileage. Wifey is pretty much impressed with this and agreed to the logic of driving rather than by train or other means. Planning for my forthcoming trip to Bijapur in December. Was to do last year but due to medical conditions in family could not do it. Hope this time I will better this mileage.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 6, 2015 ---

Interested in buying a car cover. Two options in 99rpm one normal cover costing Rs 1350 and one Tyvek cover costing Rs 3k+. Which should I opt for?
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey check out in paytm there is a blue with yellow/white stripes cover... Looks sporty... And also some cash back in ur wallet.... ;-)
    ghodlur likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

I need to buy the following items. Two time lines.
    1) Before November:
    Punto car cover - Which as suggested by @Pradeepms will be doing. There are a couple of Polco covers on Amazon.in which I have shortlisted costing aboout Rs 1300/-+.
    Honda Activa cover
    The above are required before I make my Rajasthan trip (not by road)
    2) Before December:
    Seat Covers
    Arm Rest
    Sun shields
    GPS unit
    These will be required for my hometown visit trip by road.
    Suggestions are welcome.

Planning to buy them during the forthcoming Amazon festival week or Flipkart Billion day sales in the hope of getting at good discounts
    Pradeepms likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

I forgot to mention that the rear door actuator which was not workings has been rectified at RS motors a FASS in Kandivali under warranty. The trip to RS motors from Thane while going was timed at 50 mins but while coming back took 100 mins due to the heavy traffic in the Borivali suburbs. It was literally bumper to bumper with inches being moved in minutes.

RS motors is nothing great to write about except that unfortunately its the only FASS in the whole of MUmbai/Navi Mumbai/Thane region to replace spares under warranty. The workshop was cramped with cars and many cars were parked on the roads. it took 30 mins for the staff to adjust the cars on the roads causing temporary jams in between. My punto was serviced on the roads and I was fearing that some mad BEST bus driver would ram into the car.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2015 ---
    Ordered MapMyIndia Lx345 from Snapdeal during the ongoing sale for 4099/- on 15th Oct. To my surprise on 16th the unit was being sold for 3349/-. Cancelled the earlier ordered and ordered a fresh one. Hope to receive the unit in a day or two. Will post detailed review of the same once operational.

Also ordered Arm rest for the Punto, this was not on the list but was getting a good deal, waiting to be received. Should i get it installed at FASS or from outside. FASS will charge me Rs 400/- for the installation. Also ordered magnetic sun shield as I saw some good reviews of the same. Fingers crossed that my decision was correct.

I did not like the seat covers and the car body covers on any e-commerce websites. I think I will see those in person before I buy.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    You could go for Orchid Seat Covers, Vikhroli. Not exactly cheap, but quality at price is good. Contact Tron.
    Apart from that for fabric seat covers, Gandhi Motors Santacruz can make good seat covers and stitching etc. Had those on Omni for years. On Linea too they did not disappoint. The issue of sagging for cloth or even artifical leather needs to be considered. Tight fits are generally preferred along with stapling and cutting excess.
    ghodlur likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Finally recd the MapMyIndia unit which I ordered.

Posting some pics of the unit I recd. The packing was immaculate by MMI & Snapdeal. Was shocked to see the warranty if purchased from e-commerce to be 3 months wherea if purchased from MMI website directly, the warranty would be for 1 yr. Why so differentiation? I could make out that the unit was Sept 2015 manufactured.

rishike007 likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Had ordered Magentic sun shades from snap deal costing Rs 786/-.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/dgc-car-magnetic-window-sun/562798874#bcrumbSearch:Magnetic sun shade for Fiat Punto

Recd them yesterday. Was apprehensive when I opened the package and had a loo at the sun shades. My all worries vanished off when I installed them on the door glass. All the 4 fit to a perfect T, infact they are made as per the glass dimensions. The shade is held by magnets sticking to the door metal. Once installed and door closed, the windows can also be lowered, but i guess this will make the shades dirty with the dust. A few pics of the same.

Had installed the GPS unit yesterday, installation is very smooth. The suction cup holds good although haven't tried on bad roads yet but I am sure they will hold. The display unit also fits snugly in the support, however if I have to remove the unit, then a bit of force needs to be applied. Don't know if this is good in the long run. Also the wiring from the unit to the cigarette lighter socket remains dangling, should not be an irritant in the coming days. There is no way the wiring can be run through the A pillar cover till the cigarette lighter socket due to falling short. A few pics attached.

mchanna, pabhishek and rishike007 like this.
  8. Rama

Rama Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks for sharing the link. Sunshades looking good.
    I have just placed order for the Magnetic sunshades from above link. Hope it fits for Punto Evo also.
    ghodlur likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Had ordered an arm rest on Snap deal

Recd the unit yesterday. Good packaging by snapdeal and the seller. The arm rest does have a sliding mechanism and an option to pull back the unit completely. Pics attached for reference. I will now have to get it installed at either FASS or a good FNG. Few TFIians on the social media sites have been very apprehensive about the quality of installation and were more towards the rattling issues after some time the unit would make. But then I decided to go ahead with the installation. Comparing to the whopping 4K+ cost of the OEM unit which is available in Linea, this one I got for Rs 800+. So I guess I will have to live with the rattling if at all it occurs.

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 26, 2015 ---
    I had ordered the arm rest before I decided on the seat cover colour and there is going to be a gross mismatch. The seat covers which I am planning is light gray and black combination in continuation with the existing interiors. I have initiated a communication with the vendor for replacing the beige one with Gray colour. The only hitch is that I will have to bear the courier charges for transporting the unit to Delhi. The vendor would then send me the gray one. I am still debating the idea.

Any comments on the same. Also would like to know from Punto owners who have got the arm rest installed from outside about the reliability of the installation. What areas should I be more concerned of?
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    mchanna, pabhishek and rishike007 like this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great Girish :)
    Lots of changes in the car...