1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Loved the Red FIAT sticker on your beauty!
    ghodlur likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Back from Balaji Fiat after the 30k kms service schedule. The following things replaced: Filters - Air, fuel, Oil & Pollen, Fluids - Brake oil, Transmission oil, Power steering oil, Engine oil. The total bill came to Rs 7138/-. Fortunately Coolant was replaced during the recent repairs done, hence not taken during this routine service. The other issues which were rectified:
    1) Hatch door opening now smoother due to lubrication.
    2) Washer wiper nozzles de choked and working normal.
    3) Driver side ac vent cleaned, flow increase observed but nominal.

Issues which could not be done:
    1) Fuel lid broken plastic lock - too costly IMO as put up in the earlier posts
    2) Wind shield bottom plastic strip as per FASS is OK, but don't agree with them. Will take it up later.
    3) Rear noise from seats probably not done as it was time consuming as per FASS to diagnose.

Comparing with @zenwalker recent service experience, found that the brake oil cost charged by Balaji Fiat was double the amount at Rs 400/-. Bill will be posted on Monday once scanned for reference. A noticeable difference in the pick up was observed post the engine oil replacement.
    Deepak likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur
    apart from break pads which costs 3k, you also knocked off coolant which costs 1.2k, and what else did u knock off, coz still i see around 1k difference between both of us service bills?

The Service station should be sending u a ecopy than a hard copy as part of going green imitative, isnt it? Atleast vecto guys have started doing this. I am glad :)

Yes, even i felt a noticeable difference in ride quality, gear shifts, performance too.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @zenwalker

Nothing that comes to my mind. I think because of your higher bill amount, the VAT amount also must have been higher. Leave apart e-copy, they don't have a fool proof functional credit card payment mode. Every time I been there, I have complained about the same. In fact their Fiat network IMHO is the slowest. It takes a painful hour to get the bill and do the payment.

I think the missing 1K difference is the wheel alignment/balancing which I opted to get it done from outside.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Even I opted out the same. Do compare the invoice with mine and list what is excluded.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @zenwalker
    I compared both our invoices and the found the following differences:
    1) You paid for the brake pad replacement labour charges
    2) You paid additional for the Coolant, Oil Sump plug, Consumables, Brake pad set, Collar
    Attaching my invoice for reference.

Attached Files:

7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur,

Buddy, thank you. Ill take a look at the invoice in detail later.

But, if they had done engine oil change for you, then from what i have been told; a mandatory oil sump plug has to be replaced, else it might start leaking sooner or later. As a safety precaution they do that.

Coolant you have skipped it. As you had mentioned previously.

Consumables is always part of the bill i.e the waste cloth they use for rubbing their greasy hands. Always a burden on us which can never be quantitatively questioned :eek: So you must have paid or should have been part of the bill. If not, a discount for you, i spose ;)

Yes collar for holding the steering fluid pipe was broken, they have replaced a new one. Weird that it costs almost 200+ :O
    ghodlur likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I will have to check with the workshop as to whether they do it as a part of the routine.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Completed the Wheel Alignment, Balancing and tyre rotation for the Punto. Got is done from Premji tyres, Thane. Costed Rs 600/- as I have a membership card with the workshop and get unlimited N2 filling and flat 25% discount on any other services at the worshop. In Comparison to Rs 1200/- charged by FASS, this is anytime VFM service.

Attached below is the Alignment report, experts can kindly give the comments. Found front Toe readings Left and right values to be totally out of limit range. Post adjustment, they are now within the range. Any particular reason for this huge drift??

P_20150623_190835.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 24, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 24, 2015 ---
    Guess nobody has any comments on the Alignment report as pasted above. So can someone comment on the pics pasted as below. One can see rust deposition on the wheel cap, how can this rust be removed and prevent reformation again? This was observed during tyre rotation. Is this a post monsoon job or can be done during monsoon too?

P_20150623_174831.jpg

P_20150623_174841.jpg
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Noticed an issues in the morning today on the way to office. The rear left door does not lock with key press, had to manually locked with lock depress. Whats with this recurring door lock issue and Fiat cars? Will have to get it checked this weekend, hopefully will get replaced under warranty.