1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that Girish. Enjoy your ride once again. 50K! is a huge amt. Great that it was Comprehensive/Zero-dep.
    More reassuring fact is that Balaji has done good job in first attempt itself. I always thought that they were lousy in responding and understanding things. And thats why I make it sure to do all the diagnosis from Pandit Pune even when I left car in Mumbai.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Good to know that your stallion is back on roads!!
    Happy motoring!

Can you please explain why you have to spit out 5518?
    What all charges not covered in insurance?
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Compulsory deductible (1K), Consumables (AC gas charging, coolant, clips, nut/bolts 4k), TDS, Salvage (Rs 500) all these were excluded from the Insurer's liability, hence I had to shell it out from my pocket. So zero depreciation is not exactly zero contribution in case of claims. No wonder not many Insurers have Consumables as an add on cover.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune

Hmm that's exactly Bajaj Allianz is covering in my recent renewal (zero dep+engine protect+consumable cover), I'd never like to claim those, but you never know!!
    ghodlur likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Had visited 3M thane for the visual inspection of the underbody anti rust coating, surprised to see that there's been hardly any scratch or coating come off at any location or spot. This is the second inspection since the application a year back. I guess this is a VFM buy.

The anti rust coating for both Linea and Punto costs 3.9K incl of taxes which I feel is a great deal for the coating comes with 5 year warranty.
    GirishRaghu and pabhishek like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This Anti rust thing is on my to do list for my Jet. Great to know that almost all have postive experience on this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    One query.

Since my Punto will go for the scheduled 30K kms servicing this coming weekend, was going through the scheduled checklist as seen in the Punto manual. Could not find the Wheel balancing as a part of the checks, only Wheel alignment is available to be done. Do the Fiat service centres do not have the equipment to do the wheel balancing? I had not seen one during the last visit.

[​IMG] upload_2015-6-18_9-33-46.png
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Based on @zenwalker recent 30K kms service which involved changing the filters (oil, air & fuel), they also replaced the fluids (Coolant, Brake, Steering, transmission & engine). As per the schedule it does not have the marking on the 30K kms schedule but the description on the left hand side clearly says so that 60k kms or 24 months whichever is earlier. Will have a word with FASS tomorrow when I visit. The other issues which I will be highlighting are:
    1) Noise from rear seats which is probably due to loose fitting I guess
    2) Once in a while noise from front suspension.
    3) The front washer nozzles seems to be choked, rear working ok.
    4) Fuel lid to be replaced due to broken plastic inside which locks the lid to the body
    5) Windshield plastic (at the bottom) to be restuck.
    6) Engine guard plate to be repainted.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur
    1. Probably the noise of the rear seat is because the bolt which is getting latched in a bracket thingy is worn out of its rubber insulation. Practically there is no solution for this problem if in case this is it. Only they shall add more insulation to that bolt thingy and give it back.
    I am talking about this one: http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/rattling-with-rear-seat-design-issue.13320/

2. The noise could be from a verge of damaging Shocks pad or from struts itself. Get it checked please. Mine changed once already around 6 months back. In my case, the struts was gone then. In 3rd service, the pads were changed as it had developed the same crankiness in it plus on driver side, the shocks was a bit weaker compared to other, atleast it feels like while driving.

5. That plastic better be replaced completely under warranty. Mine was done too as it had come off from the glass than sticking to it.

6. Cant you repaint the engine guard ? Perhaps from a local mechanic. Guess they would charge u for this and it may not justify the price too.
    ghodlur likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Back from giving the car for the 30k kms service as per schedule. Brake pads inspected and are ok, so no replacement required. Regarding the fuel lid which has this broken plastic lock issue, the replacement will cost me Rs 500/-. Part cost is Rs 200/- and painting to match car colour is Rs 300/-. What a scam? Regarding the engine sump guard plate, SA advised to replace this post monsoon, will cost 2.5K.

Have mentioned two addiitonal issue to the resolved.
    1) Hatch door opening quite stiff, to be lubricated
    2) Driver side right ac vent throwing very less air. I guess replacing the air and ac filters should resolve this.

P_20150620_095928.jpg

P_20150620_095721.jpg

P_20150620_095916.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Saket Sidana and GirishRaghu like this.