1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @ghodlur - Great that you are safe and sound.
    Hard luck for you :(
    Wish the punto a speedy and sound recovery so that you can quickly grab its steering for your daily chores.
    ghodlur likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I am getting frustrated with the Insurance co's renewal process. Illogical calculations, parrot talking sales people are making the Insurance buying experience a nightmare. Did you know that a newbie Insurance co like Universal Sompo (And Balaji Fiat, Thane has cashless tie up with these guys. yes you read it right, they have cashless tie up) has a strange logic of not allowing an year old car to buy zero depreciation, they provide zero dep add on only for cars which are out of showroom.

Most of the Insurers keep debating about the Own Damage calculation and how they are market leaders in offering the best discounts. They dismiss the online Insurance comparison websites quotes saying that there is a fine print included which is unknown to the customer. Now these online Insurance comparison websites too have the audacity of promising the customer moon and stars by offering the lowest insurance value which will put the original Insurance co quotes to shame.

One of the provision in the Insurance premium calculations in the anti theft discounts which means that if your car is fitted with an anti theft device you can claim discount in the premium. The catch here is OEM fitted/factory fitted system will not be considered for anti theft discount. Fiat claims that the security in the car is the best in the industry with rolling code immobilizer (now you may say who would want to steal Fiat cars but....), yet this cannot be considered for anti theft discount.

The war rages with the Insurance co, lets see for the time being who wins the battle.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @ghodlur

ok, your concern is valid and how much you have to put from your pocket and how much the insurance is covering?

Thanks
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Mate, you got it wrong. I was talking about the Insurance renewal for the next year. Not the recent Insurance claim, that's already passed & approved.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

I have always found that I get better quotes directly from the insurance cos website - In my case, Bajaj Allianz. They even give you some more discount if you can answer some questions about you.

--Anoop
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You are right Anoop. I generally approach the Insurance co directly on their website, that's what I did last time with Royal Sundaram. Over the years of Insurance buying, I have come to know some tricks to get the correct premium quote. That's the reasons I scour the Insurance comparison websites to get a feel of the Insurance premiums and then approach the original Insurance co. After which the haggling starts, the key mantra is to negotiate and negotiate hard with lots of patience.
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Got the estimate from Balaji, Thane FASS. Total cost for repair is Rs 49K approx, my contribution in spite of zero dep is expected to be around 5k. My contribution is basically for compulsory deductible 1K + consumables 4K approx. Estimate document attached for reference.
    Few queries to the expert:
    1) Fog lamp for Punto costs Rs 3K whereas headlamp costs Rs 2300. Is this correct??
    2) Should I be arguing about the AC gas charging + coolant when there was no damage to the condenser or cooling system?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 5, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 5, 2015 ---
    While on the Insurance front, renewed the insurance from Future Generali for the year 2015-16. Details as below:
    IDV: Rs 5,50,000
    Initial Basic OD premium: Rs 17550
    Discounts: Rs 6142 (@35%)
    NCB certificate discount: Rs 2281
    Final OD premium: Rs 9126
    TPL premium: Rs 1848 (Rs 1548/- TP liability which was increased from this year)
    Zero dep add on cover cost i.e Plan 1: Rs 3135
    Net Premium: 9414+1948+3135=Rs 14109
    @14% service tax: Rs 1976
    Total Net Premium: Rs 16085

The tilt in the favour of Future Generali was due to their cashless tie up all across India. Hope the experience for the next year would be to my satisfaction.

My Insurance claim process with Royal Sundaram was a smoother one too. Their customer support was great unfortunately they under qouted the IDV and over quoted the premium. Understandably because I had a claim with then and they would view me as a risky customer who for a premium of Rs 16000 extracted Rs 49k worth of claim. Now why they want to do an unprofitable business??

Attached Files:

prabhjot and mchanna like this.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very sad to hear about the incident Girish. But good that it is getting into shape, and will join you soon.

Yes I too agree on the insurance providers calculations it is just out of my limits of understanding. So I don't get too much into it. :-D
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Visited the FASS body shop last Saturday and the progress was dismal. They were still in the process of realignment, post which they will be sent for painting. Then there is realignment after the paint, visit by Surveyor for final approval followed by vehicle hand over once payment formalities are completed. This is frustrating time for me. The new dates for getting the car are Wednesday, I however have doubts on that. Its fingers crossed now. Latest pics as below:

P_20150606_103452.jpg

P_20150606_103501.jpg

P_20150606_103534.jpg

P_20150606_103555.jpg
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A late update:

The car was delivered last thursday i.e on 11th June. During the delivery a few quality issues noted such as some surfaces below the bonnet not painted correctly, electrical cables not insulated properly, washer tubing dislocated from slot etc. All were duly rectified immediately. The entire repair job was handled by Mr Santosh of body shop and effectively took care of the communications with Royal Sundaram for claim processing and final approval although I had to chip in occassionaly. The total hole in my pocket was Rs 5518/-. Total repair cost was Rs 48484/- and RS liability was Rs 42966/-. The payment was delayed due to the known notorious Fiat system which was not opening and had some glitches. My another loss was TFI sticker which was pasted on the bumper.

It felt great to sit behind the wheel again. Did a Mumbai Pune drive and the car felt like being back to its spirited self.