1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Bumping into my thread after a looooooong time. Stallion has been doing the job of transporting me & family during this time including the office runs as well as frequent Pune trips.

Last Saturday experienced a strange issue. While washing the car, I splashed the water which unfortunately was found wetting the rear seats as well. Initially though the doors might be open, but were closed perfectly. Still water seeped in. Suspected the rear left door and checked the rubber linings, found them to be intact compared with other doors too. All looked well, but a second time splash again resulted in the same issue. Now with monsoons approaching will have to get this issue resolved at FASS. What might be the reasons for the seepage?
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If there are no issues with the weather rubber strip; another issue I can think of is - whether power windows are rolling up completely or is there a gap created? I had this issue with my Punto initially.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I did have a look at them too but could not find fault with them. But will keep an eye on this detail too during the next wash.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Its been some time since any update on my ownership thread. The second year service is due on 17th June 2015 and so does the Insurance renewal. While there is an issue with the Insurance renewal, thanks to Royal Sundaram devaluing the car by a few lakhs with regards to IDV and premium cost, search is On again for the best Insurance deal. Some of the issues I am facing as of now are as below:
    1) Broken rear wiper arm - poor plastic quality by Fiat.
    2) Choked front and rear wiper wash nozzles.
    3) Squeaking sound from rear, probably the rear seat again have come off their slot.
    4) Suspected noise from suspensions probably front.
    5) Fuel filling lid with broken locking mechanism
    6) Uneven flow in the driver side vents
    7) Windshield plastic (from outside) are coming off, need to be glued back.
    8) Engine guard plate will need either replacement or repainting.

While the under body anti rust coating inspection will be done this weekend at 3M, rest will be planned either before the due service or during the service. Any specific measure I should be taking before the monsoon onslaught??

What is the general practice followed by TFIians when it comes to replacing the front windshield wipers? I am of the opinion irrespective of the condition, they should be replaced once in two years since they go through a lot of seasonal changes which may affect the rubber quality.
    pabhishek likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Girish!
    IMO, wiper can be changed once they start making weird sound while wiping or if the rubber becomes a bit hard.

Regarding your 8th point in list of issues, what happened to your engine guard? got hit somewhere or just rust?
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The engine guard plate last time when inspected was already rusted and the paint had peeled off. Understandably it stand the abuse day in and out. Had gone to Balaji Thane yesterday to fix the rear wiper arm which had broken. Workshop Manager Wilson suggested to get it painted instead of replacement but final call will be during service inspection. The engine guard plate cost about 2.6k including the nuts and bolts
    pabhishek likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The inevitable happened.

My Punto met with an accident yesterday near my home. A water tanker rammed into the front right side tearing the bumper, damaging the right headlamps and the bonnet. All this happened in a flash. I was taking a left turn with the indicator on and gave a honk. Saw a water tanker far away hurtling at full speed. I assumed that he saw me and would slow down. But that chap the driver was super smart and he thought he could pass me at lightning speed. Came and braked hard but still rammed into the front right section. The driver profusely apologised for his mis judgement. Asking him for compensation would be useless as the tanker belonged to the Corporator of the area. Now taking this man by horns by asking for compensation would mean too much loss of time and patience. Hence decided to get the damage repaired on my own. Luckily had the zero dep Insurance from Royal Sundaram. In all of this the engine had been spared of any damage. So drove to nearest FASS i.e Balaji Fiat Thane. Wilson the workshop manager quickly arranged for the body shop team to inspect the damage. Meanwhile called up Royal Sundaram to lodge a claim, the lady at the other end took the details and assured of surveyor visit in the afternoon. Surveyor visited in the afternoon and approved the claim. All spares required for the repair were available with Balaji except the bonnet for which order could be placed only on Monday (and I thought every FASS had online requisition system). The duration of the car staying at the FASS for repairs was about 6-7 days. Attached are the pics below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur

Sad to see in this shape.Thank god everyone is safe.Wish your ride get back to glory soon.

its always safe to maintain distance and let them first go with these govt vehicles,because they are always in dont care mode and doesnt own the vehicle.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks a lot for the wishes. I am just praying that the repairs are done ASAP and car handed back to me. Just realized today morning when had to come to office by bus as to how much I missed being inside the car behind the wheels.
    GirishRaghu, asimpleson and Ganges like this.
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur -

Thank God you are safe!

These drivers are just hooligans in disguise and a potential hazard on our roads.
    Hats off to your patience, you let him go without giving a piece of your mind.

Wish the stallion a speedy recovery.
    ghodlur likes this.