1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks for the tip.
    I dont know how these products get sold if they dont work. 3M is my last resort, I guess. Any idea what would be the hole in the pocket?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    IMHO, quartz coatings is best option (that is solution to seal paint and coating further). Apart from that rotary polish and detailing. Apart from that contact @fernandeskaran
    GirishRaghu and ghodlur like this.
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    They would do buffing for entire car, which would cost around 3.5K I guess.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I just enquired with 3M Thane, they have a service called Powershine which will cost around 4.2K incl taxes. Another option suggested was paint sealant costing 5K+.

Now the dilemma is to live with the scratches for a few more days (and heartburn too) or spend to get the car back to its glory?

@fernandeskaran - Your inputs would help here.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    For 1/3rd the cost you could get a rotary polish job done from a local denter/painter/polisher and enjoy the shine for some time. In fact my friend Narayana will also throw in some mild sanding to bring out the shine in the paint. Consider that if you visiting this side of town.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Whats the major difference between Powershine and Paint Selant ?
  7. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Hello guys! Sorry i have been away for a lil while. Sharing my 2 cents, 3M is overpriced! If you compare a service from 3M and any other well know detailer (eg Motoshines in Mumbai) you notice that 3M rips you off. Look for a package where the car is sanded and then compounded, polished and waxed. I dont think powershine has complete sanding and polishing i think its just a foam wash, wax coat if I'm not wrong. I got my new linea detailed recently and i paid INR2500 for steam cleaning entire exterior, complete body sanding, compounding, polishing and waxing. Hope this helps.
    Thanks @Girish and @asimpleperson
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2015 ---
    Edit:Thanks for the reference @ghodlur and @asimpleson
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Karan,

Can you share from where did you get this done? Is it in Mumbai.
    For the same cost I could get it done from MaxShine in Thane but dont think they do sanding. Rest all is done. However last time I went to MaxShine I was left for wanting since the scratches on the bonnet & rooftop were unattended. Will speak to Mangesh if he does sanding too.
  9. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    He
    My car was done at Motoshines, Andheri. :D
    I was told that sanding was required as the paint on my car had too much oxidation due to sitting in the sun for so long!
    Sanding is required in most cases i understand especially because of new addition of scratches. However intensity of use differs case to case :)
    ghodlur likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Address: Ground Floor, H. Kantilal Compound,
    Opp. Logitech Park, Andheri Kurla Road,
    Saki Naka, Andheri (East).
    Mumbai - 400 072

Telephone: 022 - 2857 00 44

Email: contact@motoshines.com

Toll Free No.: 1-800-22-6686