1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    No such issues this time from Fedex. Had ordered from Auto trends yesterday morning 9 am and the shipment was delivered today afternoon 3 pm. Happy with the results.

Ordered Armorall Ultrashine Wash and wax, Formula 1 Carnuba Fast wax spray, Formula1 Protectant With Fragrance Of Strawberry Scent & Microfibre cloth (40 X 40cm). Got a Car freshner free.

Now the mentoring part start......
    rishike007 likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    TFIians,

Embarking on a trip this month end, a total of 1200 kms. Details of the trip along with queries mentioned in this thread. http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/advice-needed-thane-bijapur-badami-bijapur-thane.13511/

There is a Fiat dealer in Bijapur called Rohan Fiat in case required, but couldn't find any dedicated Fiat dealer for Solapur, is there one? Couldn't find on Fiat India website at least. Any pointers to that? This is for those "just in case I need" details.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Lady bad luck smiled again on me and my trip got cancelled last minute due to a medical emergency in the family (my cousin aged 35 yrs was found to have three blockages in heart, just simply couldnt believe it) More details some other times.

Now I had the alignment/balancing to be done for my Punto. Usually I get it done from outside, but after reading a few reports of new alignment values available for Punto, decided to try it out at Balaji Fiat Thane and accordingly booked the time for 24th of this month. Upon reaching Balaji, I was surprised to see a few Shreeji Ford SA's now as Fiat SA's. (Shreeji Ford was dealership of Balaji group itself for Ford but was discontinued recently. Hence the transition to Balaji Fiat). I had decided to get the alignment only done. The car was taken and job done in 30 mins flat. As usual Sandeep Singh CRM was the most helpful. When I checked the report, found that the Front Caster reading were still way out. The initial & final readings for the Front Left Caster were 1°58’ whereas the range was between 2°20' and 3°20' and Front Right Caster were 1°46’ whereas the range was between 2°20' and 3°20'. The only things that were adjusted was the Toes - Front right & left and Rear right and left. The front & rear Camber readings were again within limits hence not adjusted. As per the technician and Fiat SA doing the alignment, the front caster cannot be adjusted during the wheel alignment. Any adjustment would have to be done after dropping the suspension setup, hence not done during the usual Wheel alignment but could be done during the 15K interval checks if there is a reported pulling towards left/right issue. Paying Rs 500/- for only toe adjustment is IMO way too high.

Anyone encountered this? Should this front Caster readings outside alignment limits be brought to Fiat's notice? I checked up the last alignment report and found the limit values to be same as Fiat's. But even that time the front caster readings weren't adjusted. So is this a factory adjustment issue? Before going to the alignment I had spoken with Mangesh Kodalkar regarding the new set of alignment readings but he confirmed thats not the case. There are two sets of alignment values but one for the pre 2012 i.e without GC increased and one for post 2012 i.e with increased GC.

I will post the Alignment report once I get it scanned, right now running between home and hospitals.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Wish your cousin a speedy recovery.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Oh. that's terrible.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Since my Bijpaur trip was cancelled, decided to do the usual Pune trip. Travelled from Pune to Saswad through the Bapdev ghat and was in for a surprise. The car before braked hard and I followed suit. I was expecting a rear ending but fortunately that didn't happen. In this process, the engine stalled and before I could start the engine a six seater rickshaw (Pune TFIians would be aware of these) decided to squeeze past me and in the process ended up scratching the front left fender. Couldn't do much since the honking had already started. Cursed the rickshaw driver in mind and started the ghat section. One more surprise awaited me. Since this section was new to me, I was taking the turns quite cautiously. One such turn was so steep that again the engine was on the verge of stalling even after lowering the gears. All that came to my mind was to rev hard, take a U turn in that small space available at the embankment and then again climb that specific turn. This episode shook me really since I was with my family and for that particular moment of time I was lucky since there were no vehicles in that section for those 2-3 minutes except for a few bikers. The bikers immediately sensed my situation and moved away to allow me to take that turn. Guys dont do this at any given point of time, in case the engine stalls, try to start and then proceed. Pune TFIians who have travelled this section might know which turn I am referring to. So while coming back decided to come through the Dive ghat to reach Pune.

Attaching the pic of the scratched section. A question to detailers- The black marks I am sure will go but how?? Since the scratch is deep and the paint has come off, do I touch up the scratched area?

P_20141231_120744.jpg
    mchanna likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Revisiting my ownership thread after a long time. Nothing much to write coz the stallion was riding away fine to the sunset, no issues. Touchwood.

Aha, there I have one issue. Today when refuelling the Punto, the remote key fell from my hands on a paver blocked surface. Guess what the remote stopped functioning, used the key to unlock and drive to office. After parking the car in the basement, remembered the old bollywood formula of hitting the same spot again to revive the memory. Did the same and voila the remote started to work. So much so for the inspiration from Bollywood. I didn't drop it but gave a few thumps on the remote.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Girish,

Congratulations on the happy sailing with punto.

It is very rare a fiatian doesn't have anything to write, it always keeps us on the toes. ;-)

Good going!!!!
    GirishRaghu and ghodlur like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    One query with the detailing experts.

The bonnet of my Punto does have scratches which was very much visible after a weekly wash. I sourced Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 from my office colleague to remove/diminish the scratches. I used it last week - poured a little on the affected area, used a MF towel to rub it on the affected area in circular motion with a little pressure. After leaving for a period of 5 minutes, rubbed it off with another MF towel. Found no difference at all. Am I doing something wrong? Can any expert help me with the correct procedure? I saw the your tube videos of the product for reference.
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Girish,

I used a similar product from Formula 1, it called Scratch Out but no luck. Followed the same procedure as you mentioned.
    I think best is to go to 3M Thane :)
    ghodlur likes this.